In the Dark, Where do I look

Previous topic - Next topic

markssta

Hi All,
My name is Mark and im a 49 year old man. Six months ago I got told by my doctor (after a scan) thatIi have the start of a disease called PEYRONIS DISEASE!!!!!!! My response to that was "never heard of it" how do I cure my concern? Since then I have looked into Peyronis with horror.
After visiting the hospital the other week it was explained to me that in a year I will properly need an operation to remove the Plague and sadly there is NO cure? will this solve the problem? will I be able to have sex again with my wife? or is there another way of solving this problem?
As like many men, I feel like im in the dark about this issue and im finding it difficult to get my head around this Disease ive never heard of but could destroy me as a man.
Does surgery help?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

philtered

Hi markssta.

The urologists in england haven't got a clue, i had exactly the same experience as you. Have a look at all the topics on here and get a positive plan into action. Get going on VED and a supplement regime IE acetyl l carnitine , ubiquinol ,vit e etc , talk with your wife and keep fighting.
AGE 59
Acute since  Dec 2017
VED, traction & supplements
Went from 30 degree curve to 80 during acute stage  stabilized since May 2019
Curvature calculated at 80 degrees by Dr Ralph from emailed photo.
Titan  22cm with 1cm RTE's Prof ralph Feb 2022

Monty

hi,yep have a good look at this forum, you will find loads of good information, if you need any help, just message me.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

tiagofil

Why did you do a "scan"... Did you have any previous curvature or painful erections?

Surgery is only as last option if you can't have sexual relations after other treatments. From what I've been reading there's only a 70-80% success rate with surgery. You can develop permanent ED with surgery and also recurrent curvature as well.

betterbend

What symptoms are you experiencing?  Before anybody can give you advice, we need to know what us going on.
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex