Doppler .. no responce to injection

Previous topic - Next topic

ed2018

Doppler done today
No information from flaccid scan
After injection i was shown how to massage injection and then left for 15 mins
There was no responce to injection

So test could not be done and i received refund.
Guy doing test said it was very unusual.
Anyone know any reason why there would be zero responce to injection ?
Or what i'm suppose to do now  ???

Thanks.

suicidecomingsoon

Hi I had some dopplers with injection too (alpostradil)
I didn't get an erection

ed2018

Thanks for your reply suicidecomingsoon.

I have no idea what i was injected with or what amount.
Did you ever find out why you didn't get an erection from injection ?

I'm try to find out if i have infow or outflow problem or what the hell is wrong.
And i was unusually calm for the scan so it wasn't because of nervousness or anything.

suicidecomingsoon

After that I got a cavernosography which found venous leakage.

Your arteries were ok?

ed2018

Thanks for your reply suicidecomingsoon.

"Your arteries were ok?"
sorry i don't fully understand (my fault not yours !) if you mean heart/Circulation or doppler scan itself

For heart/Circulation
I had an ECG about 1 year ago results from that were ok
For doppler scan no information from scan at all.

Next week they will contact me again to see whats next.
I will ask about cavernosography Thank You.

Maybe something ?
Thinking back less than 1 year ago i had CT scan where Dye is injected into arm
and warm feeling in arm and stomach area I have read that many people also have warm feeling in genital area.But for me
There was no warm feeling in genital area maybe because of blockage ?

suicidecomingsoon

Doppler ultrasound, in addition to detect fibrosis, also measures the systolic velocity, in other words can tell you if your arteries in the penis are working well (bringing blood to the penis properly)

Most likely your doctor will not want to make a cavernosography or will not know how to do it, because it is something that few doctors already do

ed2018

suicidecomingsoon Thank you !
The guy doing my Doppler ultrasound couldn't get any information at all in flacid state (which is now small and very soft)

Then after i received injection there was no efect at all no erection
He tryed scanning again but nothing
So he had to abort scan and gave me full refund.

ed2018

From reading on the net i'm even more confused

some sites say no responce to injection because of very bad venous leak
some sites say no responce to injection because of blockage (inflow problem)
And some sites say a mixture of both

suicidecomingsoon

Yeah and all those options can be right.
You could have venous leak but doppler it isn't very good to detect it, a cavernosography  is better

Other option you could have arterial problems and with doppler it can be detected, you need to know your systolic velocity or your systolic peak  but even if it is not possible you can have an arteriography and with that it will shows how your arteries are.

And finally it could be a mix arterial and venous problem

Werther

OP, there's only one thing you'd have to keep in mind when/if you'll get another doppler ultrasound with injections: check for the substance they're going to inject you.

There's no reason to panick now. Once you're sure of what's given to you with the injection, you can formulate any kind of hypothesis.

Keep us updated if you want.

suicidecomingsoon

Injections should give you an erection... unless the injection was poorly injected, and did not hit inside the cavernous bodies (.in other case it is an organic problem: arterial vl or mix ) Check that they injected you.  alpostradil or bimix trimix and how much.

Werther

Totally agree and I wanted to stress out the substance's reference because, based on what I understood by reading OP's words, it could had even happened that his so-called doctors injected him with water: this wouldn't obviously give you any kind of erection, even if it was the holy one.

If a proper substance (PGE1, bimix or trimix) with a proper dosage is injected well, you could still have no erection (if you have severe organic ED, you'll more likely obtain tumescence) but the test could be done and docs should be able to tell you if your problem relates to inflow rather than outflow or viceversa.

suicidecomingsoon

TonySa

Why would a doc inject w water?  Probably just not the right medication or dosage for him to get an erection.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Werther

I was being ironic. Actually, I don't believe he was injected with water. However it's pretty clear that he didn't even know what kind of drug docs were going to use.

Nonetheless OP learned a lesson: get yourself informed over everything before you get things done. Even if it's just a doppler.

Pfract

ED2018:

it's not very common, but it does happen. I go to another board, which is only for Erectile dysfunction, and there are some guys who have it so bad, that their penis does not work, even with injections. Someimes you have to try different compounds, to increase the strength of the erection medication.
You have to go to a doctor, or doctors office that specializes in this, so they can try again!

You have, bimix, trimix, quadmix, as possible combinations to try. Also, check to see if you have some other problem, like cardiac disease, or problems in your arteries, and OR other comorbities, like hypertension, etc... makes a difference!

ed2018

suicidecomingsoon,Werther,Tsanchez12369,pfract
Thank you for your help.

suicidecomingsoon
I will ask about arteriography and see if possible to do cavernosography.
and will also ask what injection and what amount was given.
Thanks

Werther
Before i went for scan i was thinking of all the possibilities that could happen
But i never thought of injection failing and scan being cancelled.So i was kind of
Shell shocked and didn't ask any questions.

I was expecting the scan to be done and then receive a report with what was injected and what amount and then all the other results.
It was not holy water :)
Thanks

Tsanchez12369
Thank you for your advice
I will ask about this.
Thanks

pfract
Thank you for your advice
I will ask about this.
also erectile dysfunction board is that the one where Larry is mod ?

Thanks it's very helpful to get advice from all of you especially when i have no one else to talk to about this and doctors/urologist are too busy
or not really interested.

ed2018

All i can get hold of is a secretary
And the soonest possible next appointment is in 1 month away.

Christopher1

Keep us updated!

Your case is very interesting.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

WhatNext81

OP-do you experience erections at home? Aka a comfortable environment.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

ed2018

"OP-do you experience erections at home? Aka a comfortable environment."

No nothing at all.

Unfortunately turns out i have venous leak

Tried few other injections and strengths but not much better
certainly not useable

So i guess implant is my only option now.

Thomas2

i didn't get an erection with injection at the eco, either. I have morning erections and if i am not very anxious or have pains in prostate\glans area, i can get an erection, even if they don't last very long... Eco guy told it could be pain related, that it was very strange, but it is non necessairly venous leakage. He did the eco anyway, he only found the fibrotic tissue but everything it was normal... I don't know what to think, i only know that next few days have been really painful.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc