Ubiquinol vs CoQ10?

Previous topic - Next topic

Noncom

I'm sure I read that Ubiquinol was better for 40+ people compared to CoQ10 (as CoQ10 converts to this).

I read this:

" take 200mg of Ubiquinol in the morning and 400-600mg CoQ10 for the evening."

A couple of questions...
Why take both?
What is the correct dose of Ubiquinol? (I read its the best after Pentox - if you are not on Pentox - not sure how similar they are).

All thoughts/feedback appreciated.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
*** You will waste less time in both providing and getting answers ***

Paolo

Start with 200mg a day for 2 weeks after which you can drop down to 100mg, so buy it in 100mg capsules  :)

I would strongly recommend Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) at 100mg x 3 day (every meal in effect).
It has the ability to regenerate other antioxidants such as vitamins C, E, and glutathione. So, when your body has used up these antioxidants, if there's ALA around, it helps regenerate them. It is fat soluble and water soluble.
Alpha lipoic acid also recycles coenzyme Q10 and NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide).
And people with diabetes or metabolic syndrome tend to do much better when taking lipoic acid, as it enhances insulin sensitivity.
Paul  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Noncom

Thanks Paul for your reply!/I will definately look into this - sounds good. Are there any studies around this drug?

I saw something about cereal penal health taking the two but not sure if clinical tests on peyronies. I take it this worked well for you?

Many thanks!
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
*** You will waste less time in both providing and getting answers ***

Paolo

Well yes, I think it has helped as it seems to have some anti-ageing benefits and helps with energy support.
For me it seems to have had some benefit with the peyronie's in that pain reduction was noticeable, oddly for me peyronie's mostly gave me scrotal pain.

I also mega-dose Vitamin C (Ester-C) and take that with black garlic capsules, 4-5 grams per day vitamin C and 1.5 grams black garlic.

Regarding Alpha Lipoic Acid see https://examine.com/supplements/alpha-lipoic-acid/

You can also get a reduced form of ALA which is RLA, it is considerably more expensive and I don't have any experience with it  :-\
Like any supplement you should cycle after say every 30 days of use by one week of abstinence from it, also if you stop using it you need to gradually reduce the dose.
Because I am doing somewhat a Keto diet  (calorie restriction also) I can take ALA on an empty stomach easily  :)

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

TonySa

Cycle all supplements?  Where did you hear thus supported, just curious.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

Uniquinol for sure is the way to go, depending on your budget.

Keep in mind, that CoQ10 and Uniquinol merely cover up underlying metabolic, and thereby mitochondrial problems. Try fasting or going on a hflc diet until you become metabolic flexible, which radically rejuvinates your mitochondria and keeps tgf-beta low.

I think CoQ10 is very powerful, but it's ultimately a crutch. I also had a very bad time coming off it once, only once. I doubt most people will have any issue with it.

Paolo

Cycle all supplements, well I just do it as a precautionary, there is little financial reward for the study of diet supplementation, therefore no one knows (for sure) the 'long' term use of vitamins and supplements  :-\ and you only have one Liver, right.

I just have a cautionary mind-set about these things, that's all. If any of you guys get a 'quantifiable' result with a supplement then by all means post back or advise this forum. We also need to be aware that many RDA (recommended daily allowance) can be meaningless, they don't take sex, body weight etcetera in to this recommendation, how could they? The Internet is very good for researching dosages and for interactions, you just need to use your common sense about this, so you try X supplement and it 'helps', that could be physically, or psychologically.

Don't get into the mind-set that out there is an 'undiscovered' magic supplement that is going to 'cure' peyronie's, that's never going to happen, it's just that supplements can help moderate the condition.

I do hope a drug or treatment comes along to offer the possibility of peyronie's remission, although somewhat I think it's the 'hope' that kills you  :(