New here, is there a women's forum?

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhatter

My husband was diagnosed about 18 mos. ago.  I would love to connect with other women and have a support group. I would also like to be able to gain insight from the men who are his brothers in this.  There are times when he is willing to talk and be open and then there are times when he is particularly down and bitter and if I question him about how things are going or even look at him he sees it as me finding fault.  When that is the last thing I would ever want to convey.  
We have been together for 22 years and his sexuality is to him his identity.  It has been a HUGE blow to him.  I have been at a loss at times as to how to help him.  
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  He is my rock and I am completely lost.  

Thanks,
madhatter

scooterjen

Welcome, I've only been here a few weeks but I'd be glad to have you pm me. My husband was diagnosed a month ago.  I get all up in my feelings about it too as he does.  

TonySa

Welcome, there is a women's forum and I'm sure someone will reach out soon to you about it.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Monty

Hi, welcome to our forum, we are here to help, its very hard going for a man, our penis is our life and when Peyronies Disease strikes it takes strong man to face up to this disease, with the backing of his partner then you will over come, and he can walk tall again.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Stabler

Welcome to the forum Madhatter,

This is a great group for information and support. I have sent you a PM with more information. Please let us know how we can help

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

beeanon

I have just joined this forum.
My new partner likely has Peyronies Disease (undiagnosed and recent he thinks).
I am 42 and divorced and my partner is 50 and widowed.
It's early in our relationship.
Re: Peyronies Disease - we have talked about it since having sex. He experienced some pain - and is wanting to seek medical help, but understandably is uncomfortable about doing so.
Though our relationship is in it's early stages, I am confident it will be stable for some time.
I am very supportive of him seeking help, and I understand that the sooner he does so, the better?
Right now I am feeling that I'd really appreciate being able to discuss this very personal topic openly with another woman who is comfortable to talk about sexual intercourse with a man with Peyronies Disease, treatment options and their implications...
Is anyone willing to do that with me please?
Thank you so much.
bronfoth

betterbend

Hi... Not a woman, but a Peyronies sufferer.  So many guys are afraid and uncomfortable with this.  I just wish that some how the embarrassment men feel would just go away.  There is another disease call Duypuytrens contracture which us the same disease, except it happens in the hand and can cause the loss if function and is very unsightly if not treated.  If a man had that, there is no hesitation in seeing a doctor, as soon as it starts.  PEyronies is a disease, plain and simple, there is absolutely no shame or embarrassment in having it, for many of us it's a simple matter of genetics... We were unlucky.  The only shame in all of this is that men go untreated because they are afraid they will be judged by a doctor.  NOthing could be further from the truth.  MY treatment team is probably 80% woman, and they could not be more helpful or understanding

Your partner is like many men, myself included, that were thrown for a loop with this, and are bewildered as to why this happened.  Please strongly encourage him to find a doctor that deals with this, I guarantee he will be treated with care, understanding, and respect.  The sooner he gets help the better his outcome.  Good luck and he is lucky to have a partner who is learning about this condition.
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Stabler

Hello Beeanon,

Yes we do have a womens only board that I will grant you access to. you are welcome to PM me privately if you prefer. I am glad you found our forum there is a lot of useful information here. I will send you a PM to help you get started in the forum, so be looking for that.

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Larry

Quote from: themadhatter on April 09, 2018, 05:27:08 PM
My husband was diagnosed about 18 mos. ago.

Diagnosed with what?  On this website, we tend to discuss just about any Australian problems. :)

Larry
54, 3 Botched Circumcisions, 3 botched Reconstructive Surgeries. 2021, my heroes - Dr's Brock, Richards and Gan... all highly respected international professors. AMS LGX 18 cm implant & Tummy Tuck March 2021.

Hawk

I encourage all the women here to post on the women's private forum rather than through Private messaging.  Using the Women's forum helps you to give back to thousands of other women who can learn from your discussion where private messages are lost forever.  That is the entire point of a forum.  To private message only kills a forum and rob future women of needed support leaving them with nothing to draw from.  There would seldom be a reason for discussing issues via PM when we have a private Forum that serves that purpose.  

I plead with you to support the Private woman's forum and make it a success.

PS: Nothing in my post is intended to suggest that women cannot or should not also post on the main forum if they are comfortable doing so.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Stabler

Just an FYI- This is post from May 2018

Stabler

Hawk

Thanks for the heads up.  I am not sure why Larry resurrected a post that was outdated and abandoned.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums