Tips for Restorex?

Previous topic - Next topic

swiss

Hey guys,

I am new to restorex. I have a 5.5 inch stretched flaccid length with my bend at about 3 inches from the top of my penis. I started to use it, but I find the clamp a bit painful at first. I am not sure how far I should clamp it safely? What I am mostly looking for is some tips on starting off and maybe some pitfalls that youve encountered. I always have one hand on the restorex when it is spring loaded and locked down...I feel like if that spring went loose it would be goodbye dick!

I also havent allowed it to go to full tension yet because it feels like a lot of pull for me so I am trying to ease into it.

Any help would be beneficial thanks!

TonySa

I've found when it isn't clamped tight enough it slips out rather slowly, never had it snap out do to speak.  It took me several weeks to get to maximimum stretch.  I'd recommend following the restorex schedule on how long each day.  I pushed it but def eased into it.  I'm up to an hour at a time, but restorex recommends 30 min on, 30 min off before beginning again.  I really prefer the restorex as it is a consistent good stretch.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

WhatNext81

Is everything set up to accommodate all your measurements? The clamp has 3 height adjustments, as three others for the location of intended area of curve to correct. The height screws are tiny. Make sure the height is  set up so it clicks at least twice. The more even it locks, the less pinching you'll have on one side.

Remove the clamp and place your penis in it while it's unattached from the rest of the device. Notice the raised ridges on the clamp. That's where your glans should line up with. Wrap the glans twice.

With the body locked, place the clamp back in. Pull some of the scrotal tissue(plumbing from the scrotum to the penis) through the grove at the bottom of the ring.

Maybe practice with it for a week or so just straight stretching and making sure everything is comfortable. Ease into proper tension after you're comfortable with the device.

To avoid worry about it unlocking, figure out how to advance it using both hands, as if the device couldn't lock. It's difficult to explain but it's really simple. I'd hold it down and use my index fingers and thumbs to move it forward a notch.

If you don't have any pain when erect or in general, you shouldn't while wearing the device. Just focus on comfort. Takes some getting used to, but super quick once you get it down.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

swiss

Yeah, I think that since my curve is lower and closer to my body, the tension is pretty high starting off. still above the white line, but more than I am used to with the PMP. It is at the lowest tension so I need to hold it down with my hand a bit and slowly lift over the course of a few minutes. Im going to ease my way into the white mark. Also, how tight do you wrap your dick? I find that if I wrap it loosely I get pain from friction from the wrap.  

Pfract

Hey guys... As I was reading this I was thinking... Are there any YouTube videos yet, about people using the device? I know it's quite new but... Gotta check that out. Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but tSanchez and whatnext could do some instructional videos on the device!  

TonySa

I'd go with whatever wrap tightness is comfortable...I haven't had any problems w it. A you tube video sounds great, I could supply some pics if that's helpful to anyone who can do it, just PM me.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

WhatNext81

Swiss-I take it you're using the shorter rods? And even at the first notch it's too much starting off? I think you said you measured 5.5" flaccid. It might just be a mental thing as you have more length than the minimal needed to use it. Is it just feeling of too much tension that you're not used to? Or are you getting pinching or discomfort? If so, where? Are you laying down, sitting, etc while wearing it? I had a good amount of plaque near the base as well.

As far as friction with the self-adheasive wrap, yes, wrap it as snug as you can making sure you can wear it for 30 mins while doing traction. Don't pull your penis while wrapping. I wrapped mine so there were no gaps, at the end of my penis, between the self adheasive wrap and the penis.

-Wrap it so there's no friction caused by loose tape.
-Your penis doesn't slip away from the tape.-Not to be confused with the clamp not being tight enough.
-Wrap it as if you are making it tailored fit for your penis, avoiding any bunching, loose gaps, etc.

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

pey ron

how do you guys know for sure where to counter-bend via the Restorex? What if you counterbend at the wrong place?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

WhatNext81

It's all in the instructions on how to set it up. You take measurements according to the instructions and it walks you through on how to make the adjustments to the device. You only have to do the setup once.  

swiss

Whatnext- I think it probably is a mental thing as I am a bit overly cautious. I think my dick tenses up when I try to get it full stretch. But yeah I'm a little scared to increase the tension so I will do so slowly as time goes on and Work up to the white line  

TonySa

With time the stretch really increases, I have to add the longer rods now after a couple months of use.

swiss

does that mean your erect length has increased?

TonySa

My flaccid stretch has for sure.

swiss

Interesting that flaccid stretch has increased but not boned size. Any tips for having it not slip out? That's my current issue with it at this moment. Is there a better tape I can use?

Thanks!  

TonySa

I use OTC walgreens 2" self adhesive (does not adhere to skin).  Still need to remove carefully.  I generally wrap x3, I reuse the wrap as it sticks to skin less w time.

swiss

How much below the glans do you wrap it? Do you wrap it pretty tight?

TonySa

Full wrap around glans x3, then overlap somewhat and wrap around top of shaft x3.

swiss

swiss

Do you leave the tip not wrapped? That's the only part that gets purple after a session, the Meatus swells a bit for a few minutes after. I'm also getting some slippage with the tape. If I wrap it to tight it's hard to clamp down, too loose I get some slippage/ pain from friction. Thoughts? How far do I clamp it in? Right now I'm just clamping the glans only any not passed the glans at all.  

swiss

It actually managed to rub off some skin and draw some blood from the bandage slippage during the pull. There has got to be some kind of better wrap than this that's not gonna slip and cause this kind of issue....I'm not circumcised so the skin is very soft and sensitive. Does anyone know what grams pull equivalent on the PMP that the restorex is set to? Can anyone find that out for me if this thing doesnt work out? Sort of disappointed in drawing blood...don't typically like my skin getting rubbed off though I will keep going with it for the duration of the 30 day money back guarantee they have.

Update: Just got off with a rep and he said I dont have to wrap it...so I am going to give that a shot. Fingers crossed. Also, for reference, the restorex has 3lbs of pull aka 1060 grams or something like that.  

TonySa

I sometimes clamp the head and part of the shaft to hold it more securely.

swiss

Yeahhhh after a few days of use I think the restorex isn't for me. I'm gonna keep trying with the PMP but at higher tensions -960grams instead of the restorex's 1050grams of pull. I feel like I may get similar results with less time in the device. The restorex is a dope device and I'm really bummed but I find the PMP more comfortable.  

WhatNext81

RestoreX is around 3lbs with the white line just not visable. If you really bury it, it's around 6lbs. I used the Walgreens stuff and it didn't stick at all and made it very uncomfortable. I returned the wrap. Walmart sells rolls of 2" wide wrap that is rather spongy and has a cushion feel to it. It's not a Walmart brand. $5 for a two pack. It sticks better than the 3m wrap. I liked it better than the 3m stuff that came with the device.

Since it's thicker, I only wrapped it twice. Since it's 2" wide, it covers the glans and far enough down on the shaft without having to get creative to wrap it.

I would avoid clamping on the shaft as much as possible. Clamp it down just behind the top of your head, so the glans sit on the groove/lip that you can see on the clamp. Wrap it without stretching your penis. This was the most comfortable way for me. With the thicker wrap, I had to adjust the height of the clamp.

Things I noticed. Thin wrap and less sticky wrap made it pinch, slip and hurt. I started with the short rods. When I got the wrap thing down, and comfortable with the device I was using the long extension rods and could stretch to 6 visable notches. I think that would be 8 notches extended out as some notches are not visable. I kept track by counting the visable ones after I was done and had the device off. I was able to stretch it with no discomfort. If there was some, I'd adjust how it was sitting on my pelvis, arrange my scrotum, etc. Laying down worked best for me. I'd used a bunched up blanket for it to rest against to take some pressure off the testies. Some days I couldn't stretch it as far. Or would just do 30 mins a day if my dick just wasn't feeling it.

I spent time easing into it and went much slower than the instructions called for. Hopefully you didn't just jump right into 30 min sessions. I wore it for 10 mins at a time while getting it down. I also wasn't in a rush as I had some time before I started xiaflex.

It does lengthen your errect size. There's even a way to measure your errect length while flaccid. I had mine measured while flaccid at an appointment.  

WhatNext81

Quote from: swiss on April 09, 2018, 11:36:51 AM
Whatnext- I think it probably is a mental thing as I am a bit overly cautious. I think my dick tenses up when I try to get it full stretch. But yeah I'm a little scared to increase the tension so I will do so slowly as time goes on and Work up to the white line

The white line being visable is the least amount of tension. The further you bury it, the more tension is being applied. In the instructions it says to advance when the white lines become visible. That's because tissue has expanded and you advance to the next notch on the extension rods to bury the white line again to apply more force/tension. Perhaps you started out the hard way?

ronjohnson09

1st day with Restorex........and I can tell you this thing is easily one of the best devices I have tried.  It seems like it is providing max tension, no noose to deal with, and was a pretty easy set up.  I am hoping this yields some results in a few months

swiss

Pretty bummed it didn't work for me. ☹️ does anyone bury it to 6lbs? It seems like that's asking to get injured? I think it's just recommended to be past the white line.  

betterbend

USed it for the first time today.  10 minutes straight and 3 minutes bent down.  I can't imagine being able to pull it so far forward that the white line disappears, my skin felt like it was ripping.  Does the white line disappear just by moving it up the notche? It seems like it was not moving easily on the tension rods..
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

WhatNext81

I was instructed to really bury the white line. Ease into it and listen to your body.  

WhatNext81

Betterbend, have you watched the video on the RestoreX website? That might help.

betterbend

I did ... It seems that as i increase tension the white line doesnt move, hence the painful pinching on the skin.  I can push the clamp back and the white line disappears, and the tension lowers, but that isnt how it should work.  The clamp just doesn't move the easy as the tension increases.  I am going to play around a little to see if I can get used to it.  Probably call the company on Monday. Also trying to figure out where the glans should be.  Right now I have if fully inside the clamp with the valley between the glans and shaft 1/2 way in.  Everything feel fine after use, except the glans is a bit sore
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

swiss

Quote from: betterbend on April 20, 2018, 09:14:51 PM
I can't imagine being able to pull it so far forward that the white line disappears, my skin felt like it was ripping.  Does the white line disappear just by moving it up the notche?

similar experience here bruh.  

WhatNext81

Over the last 3 weeks I've used RestoreX once for 30mins per the drs request at my
final evaluation. I've noticed that my flaccid length has less fluctuation(short to hanging low) compared to when I was using it 60mins a day. Overall my flaccid penis is more soft/spongy, like it was before peyronie's. I was really burying the white line during my daily use, as my dr suggested.

swiss

So I figured out how to use this thing. It took a long time to get right. I found some extra sticky tape similar to what they had in the box, I first wrap it in soft gauze, then tape it up. I'm starting to bury the white line. So far. I've noticed a healthier feeling penis and maybe some more flexibility, but not any major change to my dent. Still using VED daily as well. Penis feels good otherwise.  

WhatNext81

Quote from: swiss on May 02, 2018, 12:48:36 AM
So I figured out how to use this thing. It took a long time to get right. I found some extra sticky tape similar to what they had in the box, I first wrap it in soft gauze, then tape it up. I'm starting to bury the white line. So far. I've noticed a healthier feeling penis and maybe some more flexibility, but not any major change to my dent. Still using VED daily as well. Penis feels good otherwise.

My dent took around 4 months to go away. It was near the base of my penis.  

swiss

Mine is near the base too!! Did you use the opposite angular force? I feel like with this device the platform that creates that opposite angle is too high for plaques located lower on the totem pole! Thoughts?  

ronjohnson09

I'm kinda in the same boat.  Im still doing the angular traction.  My thinking is that it is still stretching that side on the base harder and that is what will help straighten it out

WhatNext81

I did bend opposite, but I also had a curve to the right. By the time my curve had resolved, the dent was better but still there. I continued using it with a lot tension just straight out. Do you have the clamp head in the furthest away position? With proper clamp placement, you can really feel the tension on the desired location.

I started each 30 min session 15mins straight. Then the last 15 bending opposite of curve. Remeber to kind of start over when switching to correct curve. You're going to go back a few notches, then start slow with the first angle correction position, then release it slowly, just like you normally would.

Ronnohnson09 has the right idea.  

betterbend

Using it for about 10 days now, had a really weird reaction today.  I could only get the clamp down 1 click (that is how I usually do it) and could only go to position 2 on the downward angle (sometimes I can get to 3), I slipped out today during the bent downward stretch (about 9 minutes in).  I had already done the 15 minute straight stretch.  I put the glans back in and pushed hard to clamp it down 2 notches like the recommendation, and then went for position 3 on the downward stretch for the last 5 minutes.  Clamping it down was hard and a bit painful and the 3rd position was also very stretched out (was uncomfortable).  

When I finished my glans was really misshapen, looked like fluid blisters all over, and the meatus looked like a bad lip collagen job.  I was a bit panicked, because it then turned a purple color and I though I might have done some damage.  I took a warm shower and applied some heat after about 10-15 minutes it seemed to look better, but was a little bit sore in the glans.  I looked pretty scary for a few minutes.  

Two questions:

Anybody have something like that?  I am guessing the clamp was too tight and I put the glans too far into it after the slip out?

Also on the straight stretch I can get all the way out to one notch left after about 10 minutes, but on the bent stretch I can only get maybe 1-2 notches up from the base position.  Is anybody else seeing that type of difference in the two stretches?  

Appreciate any insight

curved

Like betterbend, I too, could use a bit of advice on positioning of the glans in the clamp.  I adjusted the height but can't get the clamp down more than 1 notch without some pain.  Because of this I sometimes "slip" out particularly in the downward bend.

Any advice would be appreciated especially since people seem to be having some positive results with RestoreX

Thx.
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

swiss

So I go into it one notch, I wait and then I just slam it down to the second notch, it hurts a bit but its getting better. I try to make sure I know that Im not clamping below the head. I also triple wrap it like others have said here with 2 inch gauze and that helps...but one thing I do that others dont...

I bought some soft gauze and I wrap the head in that first. It reduced my pain A LOT.

Good luck homie!

curved

Thanks Swiss.... will follow those suggestions
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

swiss

I would say my lips get smashed looking and janked/ purple as well...but it looked worse in the PMP. Be careful.  

ronjohnson09

I use this non-stick 1" wrap as a single layer.  I then use the 2" self adhesive thicker wrap I purchased from Walmart on top in a single layer.  I like this method bc it doesn't hurt like hell when you remove it. I like to do 15minutes straight, 15 minutes bent, then 3 minutes straight to see how much of a lengthening stretch I can get.

Pfract

Hey Swiss: what do you mean by lips?

Also, guys... Just curious here.. After a stretching session... How does your penis feel? It hurts? Turtles back? Gets stiff, soft? Do you masturbate right after?  

WhatNext81

Swiss, do you put the device back into the locked position when advancing to the next notch? Then release(unlocked position) and slowly release the body of the device back out, burying the white line again?

swiss

Yes, no way I could advance that without locking it up again.  

ronjohnson09

WhatNext81

Swiss. Okay-just checking.

I use the 2" wrap from Walmart as well. Nice and spongy.  To avoid pain while removing, I roll it off with my fingers putting pressure down near the skin where the wrap is being removed.

Are any of you putting the clamp on while it's off the device? Then clipping it into the device once you're in?  

swiss

Yes, I clip then place into the holder and then extend. I went three notches down yesterday...I think it was too much. Glans are a little sore now.  

betterbend

Thanks for the tips.  I have been using the coban tape provided, but I hate pulling that stuff off, its like pulling a  bandaid off a some hair.  I tried gauze the first day with the coban over it, but it was too thick and I could barely snap in down.