Tips for Restorex?

Previous topic - Next topic

ronjohnson09

I have been clamping it on while it is still on the device with no issues so far

WhatNext81

Yeah. It can be done either way. Doing it with it off can make it easier for some. Helps to get familiar with making sure your glans are in the right spot. It's just a tip I recall from either the instructions or what the dr told me.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

ronjohnson09

I have also found a very thin layer of toilet paper under the wrap has worked well and no issue of slipping

WhatNext81

I never had an issue with slipping. I just made sure the clamp was in the right position and the wrap was on evenly. At one point i was bending 90 degrees.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

ronjohnson09

I started to have an issue with the wrap irritating the underside of my penis so I experimented with the thin toilet paper barrier to prevent skin contact.

WhatNext81

Smart thinking. That makes sense. Especially since not all parts of the male anatomy are the same.  

betterbend

My restorex broke this morning >:( ... it wont lock anymore when I try to use the spring-loaded feature.  Fortunately still usable, but I found that feature very good for initial putting it on, and also would use it to adjust tension.  Only had it two weeks, so kind of disappointing..
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

WhatNext81

Call pathright medical. They'll take care of ya. They'll send a new one out with a free return shipping label for the non functioning one to be returned. I had a new one arrive two days after I called when I had that issue.  

swiss

So here's a tip. I snapped it down three notches and hurt myself. I think two clicks is enough to hold it.  

swiss

Yo. That is terrifying that the spring loader broke. Always have one hand on that thing in case it busts and decides to suddenly rip your dick into two parts. Safe stretching!  

WhatNext81

Did you call to have it replaced? Also, did they explain the reason for the issue?

That's solid advice learned the hard way. Since day one I've always practiced using it with one hand, when in the locked position, for safety reasons. Remeber to never store it in the locked position.

swiss

Anyone here get some swollen meatus after smashing your dick in this thing? It was worse in the PMP for me but I still get the edema. Kinda annoying since now I get it after an erection too.....like it's a permanent thing now after I get hard....😒 whatever I guess.  

betterbend

Received my replacement Restorex.  I never stretch so far with it in the locked position that if it fails it would rip my dick off.  I start out for 2-3 minutes at very light traction right at the white line or even lighter.  Then I lock it down, move it 1-2 clicks tighter and release it.  If after 5 minutes it feel good I repeat to make it tighter.  

I used some gauze wrap under the coban today, and it felt better,  the only thing is it's so think now I can barely click down once.  my glans also looks so weird when I am done.  My hope is there isn't any damage by doing this twice a day.
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

WhatNext81

Quote from: swiss on May 08, 2018, 10:03:51 AM
So here's a tip. I snapped it down three notches and hurt myself. I think two clicks is enough to hold it.

Have you adjusted the height of the camp? That might help. There's 3 adjustments. Tiny screws. I'm not referring to the clamp adjustment for curvature correction.  

Pfract

Okay, so it's my impression, or we have two guys here with a swollen penis glans, after using Restorex?

Also, what do you mean by ''weird looking glans? '' Betterbend?  

betterbend

Quote from: WhatNext81 on May 13, 2018, 02:35:08 AM
Have you adjusted the height of the camp? That might help. There's 3 adjustments. Tiny screws. I'm not referring to the clamp adjustment for curvature correction.

You are talking about the screws correct?  I thought there was only two adjustments with that

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

WhatNext81

I messed around with the height adjustments when I first got it. One tip-count how many notches you click down when using. Take it off and clamp it to that spot without your penis in it. Does it look overall semetrical? Or further down on one side? Make adjustments accordingly. With the amount  tension it can provide, all the adjustments can make a huge difference and more comfortable.

betterbend

Will have to check it out when I get home.  For me its the real downside to this device.  I like everything else about it, but the clamping down is uncomfortable.  I have the screws in the higher position, but with a piece of gauze wrapped only once and then coban wrapped twice, i struggle to close it even one notch.  I dont think I am that thick, maybe slightly above average, but its a problem.  

Pfract

Guys... Anybody can answer my post above?  

betterbend

Sorry P, i didnt even see your post.  When I am done I my glans often has fluid like blisters, they go away, but the first time it was unnerving. Some times the outside of the meatus is swollen, looks like a bad collagen injection into a womans lips.  Again it goes away after a few minutes.  But I do wonder if all the squashing down of the glans can cause damage.  I dont love the design of the clamp

WhatNext81

Yeah. That doesn't sound right or comfortable. Have you reached out to any forms of customer service? I'd be worried about possible long term side effects.  

WhatNext81

Betterbend- Yes, two adjustments for height. See picture below. The clamp on the left is in the highest position. The one on the right is the location straight from the box. They are both closed at the same  location, 2 "clicks" down. The difference is even more obvious in person.

Now, depending on how your device is set up, curvature correction upward/downward or left to right, your clamp is going to close down on the top and bottom of the glans like shown on page 17. If it's set up for left/right, the clamp is closing down on the left and right sides of the glans. The key is making sure everything lines up and is straight to avoid discomfort. Keep it off the shaft and go for symmetry. Glan plaxement is important! What might feel fine without much tension may not with more force. A good indicator to troubleshoot for adjustments/changes. Pages 13 and 14 for clamp height adjustment.

Page 12 demonstrates adjusting the clamp location, which is very important for bending opposite the curve. This is very important and probably not well understood by those who haven't used it. I originally had a curve to the right. I later had a mild upward bend near the head of the penis. The difference in the placement of the clamp location makes the stretched tension, for curvature correction, more localized. It's very apparent in use. Im sure this isn't all new to you, but thought I'd elaborate on the clamp in case the info might be of value to others. Hope this helps.