Post nesbit operation. traction ok ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Billyo

Hi all
This is my first post but i have been reading here for some time. After my pyronies surgery 6 months ago i lost close to 2.5 cm in length. Im now mostly straight with a small curve half way down the shaft where all the stiches are. My question is, is it ok to use a traction device like Size Doctor etc to try to get some lost lenght back ? or is this too risky ?
Thanks in advance  

TonySa

I don't think one can regain lost length w the Nesbit procedure as it shortens your long side to match your short side.  If you lengthen the long side, it seems like the curve would return...or even break the stitches.  Be great to hear from any who tried it though.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Billyo

Hey thanks for your reply. I was hoping it would stretch both sides over the whole length. I didnt give much thought to breaking the stitches tbo so i might check with my doctor.  Interestingly my surgeon said the outcome of the nesbit op would only last 6 to 10 yrs before the curve returned

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Billyo

100% pyronies. I had a 30  degree left hand curve at the top end. I remember when the injury happened and the bend got worse over several years. I now have stitches at the top and near the bottom of the right side of the shaft. I had it done via our public health system which im gratefull for. The only down side with publicly funded ops is that there is next to no explanation about how they go about it, follow up or possible complications and had no idea that i would have these extra lumps where the stitches are located. Just before surgery the surgeon said i might get 6 to 10 yrs out of the correction. Losing length and girth is a bit of a bugger hence the question as to traction. Im hopeing someone can chime in with some experience with this.  

LWillisjr

It does stretch all sides equally. I believe you could try traction to try to regain some length. Others have also done this post surgery.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

TonySa

Has anyone had Nesbit and followed it with traction who could share their experience?

Billyo

I have ordered a Size Doctor online. This device seems well respected by people here and doesnt cost the earth. Ill start off gently and see how it goes. Im hoping it prevents further scar shrinkage and maybe my glans might get back to their pre surgery size as they have shrunk quite a bit. Look forward to hearing from anyone here who has used traction after their surgery. Tks. Mike

Billyo

The Size Doctor device has arrived but the instructions are in Korean Lol. Does anyone have any advice on how long i should wear it for per session ? Its quite a big thing so i cant see myself wandering around with it sticking out of my pants. Do you think 30mins once or twice a day ?