how to avoid pushing and bending nighttime erections?

Previous topic - Next topic

pey ron

I find myself pushing sideways on my nighttime erections as I lay on my back. It's kind of incontrollable. And I think it's probably the best recipe for scarring of the penis septum, which is exactly what I have. How do I avoid that?

I used to be a back sleeper, which I think was great, until I broke my nose pretty badly as a teenager. From there on I had problems breathing while sleeping on my back and I switched to sleeping on my belly and turning my head from side to side every now and again. ENTs explained to me that there's actually a logic behind that, and that is that the nostril that ends up being lower has its turbinates decongests by gravity. By keeping on switching the side I lay my head on, I keep on decongesting whichever nostril is the most congested at that time.

Anyway, more recently I had my turbinates ablated. I don't breathe perfectly as before the accident but much better than after the accident. The problem is: I am so used to sleeping on my belly now that I can't fall asleep if I try to sleep on my back. Any advice on how to force myself to fall asleep on the back again and possibly get used to it?

Also, a few times I noticed I was bending my nighttime erections with a hand, when by chance I happened to be sideways and not be lying on it. How can I possibly control this behavior? It's a disaster :(
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Monty

Hi, i used my night time erection to do my massaging, found 10 mins massage then back to sleep for an hour worked wonders.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Paolo

Can you try sleeping on the right, or the left in the fetal position, I do this and it gives my penis some protection doing this, and my night erections don't get impeded  :)

Estimated only 14% sleep on their back.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

pey ron

It's not just the mere fact that I am sleeping on my belly now. I basically developed a habit similar to those popping their fingers. Whether I am using my mattress because I am laying on my belly doesn't really matter. I've caught myself doing it by hand. Except that if I were awake they could easily refrain from doing it, but while sleeping, how can I do??? It's almost as if this boner popping was a compulsive tendency to check how hard my erection is...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Monty

How many nocturnal erection do we get? i seem to start @ 3 am ish then 1 every hour till about 6 am ish, then i'm ready to get up.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

WhatNext81

If you want to work on trying to sleep on your back, place a pillow under your knees. This helps the pelvis and or lower back relax more comfortably.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

MrSpin93