Study for Andropeyronie device

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Luis Newman

Dear Sirs,
Here you can find a clinical trial of Andropeyronie device, a patented device with 20 years in the urology market and with FDA for intend of use of external penile rigidity device. The study was done in a University Hospital and it was published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine in 2013:
Acute Phase Peyronie's Disease Management with Traction Device: A Nonrandomized Prospective Controlled Trial with Ultrasound Correlation:https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jsm.12400

Results
The mean curvature decreased from 33° at baseline to 15° at 6 months and 13° at 9 months with a mean decrease 20° (P < 0.05) in the PTT group. VAS score for pain decreased from 5.5 to 2.5 after 6 months (P < 0.05). EF and erection hardness also improved significantly. The percentage of patients who were not able to achieve penetration decreased from 62% to 20% (P < 0.03). In the NIG, deformity increased significantly, stretched flaccid penile length decreased, VAS score for pain increased, and EF and erection hardness worsened. PTT was associated with the disappearance of sonographic plaques in 48% of patients. Furthermore, the need for surgery was reduced in 40% of patients who would otherwise have been candidates for surgery and simplified the complexity of the surgical procedure (from grafting to plication) in one out of every three patients.
Conclusions
PTT seems an effective treatment for the AP of Peyronies Disease in terms of pain reduction, penile curvature decrease, and improvement in sexual function.

NOTE: Andropeyronie device is supplied by Andromedical lab, which is based in Europe and USA, with warehouses in both areas. The price is $199 and it is easy to get it by internet. Your urologist can follow up your evolution, and no travel is required.

betterbend

I don't know your motivation for the post, however, as a user of the device I personally reccomend to others to research and find a different device.  The directions for use are poor, and the device is difficult to use, especially once you add length to it.  THere is little good information on the website. Frankly the makers of the device should form a users group of patients and physicians with the intent of a redesign making it easier to use and specific for Peyronies.  I have no interest in this,or any traction device other than finding one that is good for men with Peyronies to,use.
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Noncom

I agree with the last comment in many ways. Honestly the instructions, videos etc leave a lot to be desired. I also think it needs be be clearer that its most suited for certain types of peyronies.

For those with a dorsal curve - as 80 of the cases I don't honestly see any advantage over an andeopenis model. If you have a curve to left or right then I get the utility of this.

Also if you have plaque just under the glans then I'm not sure this helps much as the holding system puts pressure just under the glans which may restrict healing.

In terms of comfort it's not bad once you have all the technitechniques (takes time) and I'll stick with it but I'm happy I've added VED as well.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
*** You will waste less time in both providing and getting answers ***