needle therapy

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerslinger

My Xiaflex treatments were performed at the Cleveland Clinic aprox 6 months ago with minor curvature correction results. While researching Xiaflex I learned that during trials of the drug the patients who received a placebo actually had decent results in reducing curvature. The study said that they believed that the fact that the needle delivering the drug was cutting into the plaque and was most likely the reason for some curvature reduction in the placebo group.   So the question I would like to have answered is then why can't a local urologist perform scheduled sessions of some type of needle therapy to cut through the plaque like was done during the Xiaflex treatments ?  The cost would be minimal, the sessions could be scheduled similar to those of Xiaflex, the treatments cycle could last for as long as needed.   just a thought.

alec

interesting. Do you remember the name of study?
30yrs, diagnosed in feb. 2018 after possible injury (not sure), 4 plaques, 4 dents, S-surve, 30° right/45° up curve, tingle in the legs, sometimes penile pain an depressed.

LWillisjr

Some doctors just insert the needle and deliver the drug. Dr. Levine used a technique of moving the needle up and down like a sewing machine while delivering the drug. Think of trying to turn the plaque into something like swiss cheese. He thought that this would also help in the treatment. It would be interesting if there was a documented study on this technique.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

TonySa

I believe this is why some docs inject w the cheaper verapramil.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Paolo

A multi needle approach sounds very logical, if the injectable could be spread out doing this in theory (my theory) it could assist with manual traction in making the plaque/s break up, hmmmn  :-\
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

hammerslinger

i do not remember the name of the study.  It was post here on this web page a few months ago