Doctor Exam Leading to More Issues

Previous topic - Next topic

mlafranc

Had a question for the group after seeing bits and pieces of this issue posted in places.

I've had a urologist (different doc each time) exam me in back-to-back months. The pulling/tugging/squeezing of my flaccid penis has caused some substantial pain afterwards. It is different than the dull pain I experience from pelvic issues. It is more substantial.

When looking at photos, I see the first exam happened on February 19, and perceived narrowing/wasting started to happen a couple days later per the dates on the photos. The pain was where I had an acute injury a month before (on the sides at the base, where in theory, narrowing could be caused by scarring).

Now the same thing is happening after my exam today.

Is this just me overthinking everything because I'm already hyper vigilante with my penis, or is the normal doctor penile exam a potential accelerator of inflammation and further scarring?

Thanks for your time and thoughts/opinions.  

JohnWright

Sorry to hear of your situation.

Sadly, many men have hit the Forum up with this very experience. It is almost worth pausing the exam, just before the practitioner lays on hands, and urging gentleness and care.

If one's dick is already inflamed internally, and thus in plaque build or scar tissue build mode, what they're about to do to one's dick frequently leaves a guy worse off.

*Edited

mlafranc

Thank you very much, John. Good info, although a bit depressing obviously.

Is this the general consensus amongst members? I'm just hoping the physical changes from the first exam were just coincidence that they happened at that time.  

lukewill

This definitely happens. I'm a firm believer that the doctors cannot be so ignorant or inexperienced to not realise that their handling will exacerbate the condition. I believe they do this purposely in order to worsen the curve etc in order to then push for surgery, as surgery is where they will make their money.  

TonySa

Both my docs were very gentle, crazy some aren't!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.