Has anyone seen or read this article?

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkpositive

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7136859_Outcome_analysis_for_conservative_management_of_Peyronie's_disease

"We retrospectively analysed the outcomes of conservative management of Peyronie's disease and determined the factors predicting successful outcome. The study involved 31 patients with Peyronie's disease who were treated at our institute between 1985 and 2003. We assessed the efficacy of vitamin E for the improvement of the symptoms, and the factors which contributed to successful outcome with conservative management using multivariate analysis. There was no statistically significant difference in the relief rate between the vitamin E and no-medication groups. The overall estimated relief rate was 67.5% at 2 years from presentation. The multivariate analysis revealed plaque size to be the only significant factor predicting the relief from all symptoms in patients with conservative management. The rate was 100% in patients having a plaque size of 20 mm or smaller and 20.0% in those having a size of larger than 20 mm (P=0.005). We could not confirm the benefit of vitamin E for Peyronie's disease. Plaque size was the only significant factor predicting the relief from all symptoms. Patients with larger plaque might fail to respond to the conservative management.

Outcome analysis for conservative management of Peyronie's disease | Request PDF. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7136859_Outcome_analysis_for_conservative_management_of_Peyronie's_disease [accessed Mar 27 2018]."

pey ron

Quote from: thinkpositive on March 27, 2018, 11:55:04 AMbetween 1985 and 2003

I think hardly anybody was even using pentox up until then...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Paolo

That study also indicated propolis benefit, I am a huge fan of propolis in general and use it every other day along with bee pollen.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

pey ron

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Paolo

It's just like with all my supplements I am unsure of long term effects on the liver, drugs are different and need to be taken as instructed by your GP daily, I also use Milk Thistle 2-3 times a week as a liver safeguard  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

skunkworks

This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]