Hot or Cold 1 week in

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkpositive

I have read a lot about heat therapy in the forum, but my sports instincts are telling me to ice this fresh injury down to bring down the swelling...  Thoughts?  

thinkpositive

I tried some stretching this morning, def left me sore.  I iced down after dinner for 10 minutes, all the pain went away.  

Paolo

I would go the hot power shower route then for the last 2 minutes reduce the heat to lower/minimum setting making the last 2 minutes a cold shower, definitely feel great doing that  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

wakenbake69

I do both. Back when I was in inflammatory stage, cold packs really helped the pain go away. Especially if I aggravated it during VED or stretching. Also contrasting (hot, then cold or vise versa) was a great help for pain relief.

TonySa

There's a study that shows heat twice a week can improve peyronies.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Brookfield56

Do you have a link to the study?

TonySa

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16019862/

Also, search here on forum for hyperthermia and you'll find discussion re this study and heat treatment.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.