ESL40 almost torn my frenulum...

Previous topic - Next topic

pey ron

The ridge at the end of the ESL40 almost torn my frenulum. I am afraid scar tissue will be forming there... :(

Is there a device that would work better for an uncircumcised guy with still the frenulum on?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Health3man

I am uncircumcised and had no issue with this problem you are having with my ESL40. I also place some clean water (very important to prevent infection) at the bottom of the folded cup when I put it on to give some vacuum pressure relief, prevent blistering, and makes it easier to take off. I have not tried anything else so I cannot recommend other devices.

pey ron

I have two cups: one with a thicker wall and a less pronounced ridge at the end and one with a thinner wall and a more pronounced ridge at the end. I found that the more pronounced ridge allows to put more tension without slipping off, but if it slips off and there's more tension this may happen. I can see a clear dent in my frenulum now and it hurts a bit and on one edge there are some sharp snow-white areas whereas the rest of it is a nice pink. I think it's getting scarred. :( Also, I am afraid I'll have to suspend traction for 3-4 weeks or until it heals. Too bad, since I was eager to hit the 400 hours mark where people start to see some improvement...

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

Health3man

Wow, how the heck you clock in so many hours?! I barely scratched over 160 hrs from Feb 1 to March 1 with at least two to three days off. Maybe this could be why your frenulum ripped because it was getting overstretched but not healing fast enough, hence when you pulled it off from the reinforced cup it ripped. I too have the reinforced ESL40 and I've learned that it fits much better without causing too much pressure on one's urethra head if you put it on flaccid so the cup can cover more space and grip more on the shaft instead of the tip of penis.

I hope you heal fast and get back on, and thanks for the tip about the 400 hours because I totally did not know that info and was getting a bit worried as I wasn't seeing any improvements, in fact my curve has bended more but I hope maybe this a phase before it begins to straightened.

pey ron

It may take me 3-4 weeks to heal according to a google search. So, I'll have to do no traction for a month. Plus I have a feeling that I will get a lot of scar tissue on my frenulum. This is very depressing. I tried applying supersaturated 2400 GDU/mg bromelain powder in emu oil and it burnt like crazy but it chewed up a lot of the whitish scar tissue that had formed. I did it the night before yesterday. There's still some whitish tissue that grew back, but I am not looking forward to the tingling and burning and itching from the bromelain so I'm waiting before re-applying.
relationship status, etc

pey ron

Do you think if I contact the manufacturer of the ESL40, they would be willing to add an option to cut a dent in the cup's rim to prevent tearing the frenulum?

I wonder: they are in the US, and most guys in the US are circumcised. Does it mean that most guys don't have the frenulum? I really have no idea if when they circumcise babies they also take away the frenulum... I think if that is the case, they would most likely not bother as for most of their customers this would be a non-issue. :(
relationship status, etc

LWillisjr

The frenulum is not removed during circumcision.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Health3man

@pey ron I am not circumcised and I have not had a problem with my frenulum being pulled. What I do is add a bit of water to maintain wetness at the tip so when I squeeze the ESL40 vaccuum area the water helps to loosen the suction and it will easily pull off. I also pop the top part first and then loosen the bottom since it's smoother on top than the bottom of a penis.

However I continue to get a blister to form after using the device, so I can't wear it longer than 6-8 hours per day or the blister will get really bad again.

Hope your frenulum heals soon and maybe my tips above can help... going on 200 hrs, hoping to get to 400 soon and maybe see corrective results - will give this forum update when that time comes in a month from now.

pey ron

they don't really seem to be responsive to emails at esl40...
relationship status, etc

WhatNext81

Sorry to hear that. Road bumps along the way are no fun. Keep your mind as clear as possible. It's tough to, but it's all you can do. Maybe ask your urologist is there's anything safe to apply to speed up healing? If you have a good natural remedy store try that.  It's sensitive skin that needs to heal. Explore all options and don't get too lost in the internet. Best of luck to you.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

pey ron

Everything was going so well until I torn my frenulum...

relationship status, etc

TonySa

The ESL is attractive because it's inexpensive and has a suction cup so can be worn for longer periods of time.  I'm beginning to be concerned because there seems to be more complaints about it causing blisters and such to the glans. Maybe the PMP is the better choice if one can afford it...although there has been some similar complaints.  Or restorex if it doesn't have to be worn for so long to be effective?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.