Anything Wrong With Using Medical Tape To Secure Glans As Opposed to The Noose?

Previous topic - Next topic

maxster

So I got my andropeyronie device the other day... and I have to say... the feeling of that noose around the head of my penis is just.... no.

It's like it is crushing it from the sides, there is no way that can be good. I took it off almost immediately.

I understand the mechanism of the other devices that use suction, and may opt for that.

But had a quick question... why can't I just secure the head/glans of my penis to the base of the device (part where noose is located) with a piece of medical tape?

It seems to be much more comfortable and doesn't give that crushing feeling of the noose.

Any reason why this would be a bad idea?

TonySa

Be careful w the medical tape, I tried it for holding "hot hands" and when removing it created an abrasion...took weeks to heal.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

WhatNext81

I've never used that traction device. But, RestoreX comes with 3m self-adhearing wrap. It's not tape. Kind of between gauze and medical tape. Kind of stretchy as well. The instructions say to not wear the 3m wrap for more than 30 mins at a time.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

betterbend

I use the andropeyronie, and while I still don't like it, I have come to an accommodation with the thing that is comfortable.  I have a 4  inch wide gauze roll, I cut a piece about 6 inches long.  I fold it over lengthwise so it's 6" x 2 " (double thick now) and I wrap that around the glan so it covers the end of the shaft, the space before the glans, and about 1/2 of the glans itself,  I do that after I put the base of the andro on.  I keep the wrap secure with my one hand and put the top of the andro device over the rods.  I then pull my glans through the silicone loop.  I use the silicone rope with the big piece of foam.  I then keep the glans through the loop with one hand and lock it down.  I make sure all of the silicone rope is against the gauze, I don't let it touch the skin.  It stays pretty secure and is a whole lot less irritating.  I also worry about damage to the glans with this thing.  Sooner or later I think I am going to buy the penimaster, but since I have this now this seem to work.  I take it off every 2 to 2 1/2 hours...
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.