Introduction and Question

Previous topic - Next topic

franklee

Hello all.
I have been following this forum since August and have gleaned a great deal of information. Thank you to all that post and Administrator(s).
I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease about 10 months ago. It began after a severe bout of chronic prostatitis which I still have but less severe. The prostatitis came on after the loss of a beloved grandchild.
Treatment so far has been, Pentox, Verapamil Cream, Vit E, Coq10, Vit D, traction and just began 3 cylinder VED.
I have hourglass at base and about 60 degree curve left. The hourglass has made my erection unstable. I have also loss some length.
I have come across a DR. Michael Zahalsky in Coral Springs Fl.
He is doing treatments for both Peyronies Disease and ED with Mesenchymal Stem Cell injections. ( PMD-MSC ).
On PubMed.gov it states he did a 5 patient study with good results.
I made an appt but cannot find any other information on this treatment.
Has anyone heard of this treatment or Doctor?  Any advice?

LWillisjr

I haven't heard of this doctor, and a study of 5 is a very small sampling. But hoping for the best.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

betterbend

Not saying that an experimental treatment is the wrong way to go, but I would want to first explore standard treatments, i.e. Xiaflex, verapamil injections, etc.  if those fail then explore experimental treatment.  As LWillisjr noted 5 patients is an extremely small sample group, and results in that small a group can mean anything.  When you meet him see how he discusses treatment, I would be hesitant if he pushes this treatment, just based on the fact that you haven't tried more mainstream treatments first.
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex