Hi from LA - new bulge

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaG

Hi guys, 40 yo here from Los Angeles. About 3 weeks ago I noticed a sort of bump/bulge on the left side of my dick when I was peeing - it was just after I'd had sex so I thought maybe it was some extra wrinkles as my erection was going down. I don't usually pay attention but fast forward to three days ago, i noticed it was still there but I hadn't had sex in a couple days so that didn't explain it.

Well, I felt around the area it's a hard bump that is kind of cord-like, maybe 2-3 cm long, around the end of my shaft but before the head. It has gotten a bit bigger over the past few days. I've been in a relationship for 10+ so my partner knows my dick pretty well, he said it's definitely new and he could feel the weird area. Over the past couple months I noticed my erections are a bit shorter and my glans is kinda softer than it used to be, but last time I really remember paying attention to when it was super hard was in my mid 30's. I just checked and when it's erect the hard thicker area is much more obvious under the skin and extends down like about half the surface of a quarter coin.  

I have an appointment with Dr. Gelbard in 2.5 weeks .. another urologist I saw years ago when I got prostatitis/CPPS (decently improved) isn't available until after that. Would you guys recommend rushing around to find someone sooner or do you think it's OK to wait? I'm not panicked, I've been through way crazier stuff but I don't want to waste time if y'all would strongly recommend it.

Thanks
G

betterbend

Well, if it is a plaque and Peyronies, no need to rush, waiting two weeks isn't changing a thing.  More important is getting an accurate diagnosis, and then a treatment plan with a doctor who know what he (she) is doing.  With Peyronies you could also see bending or curving, indentations when erect, &/or hourglass looking shaft.  You can have painful erections also.  ED can be part of it also.  The important thing is to not ignore what is going on.  Good luck!  
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

PapaG

Thanks betterbend, I appreciate it!