Mayo Study...

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemason

Hey all...just wanted you to know I have appt soon to be enrolled in the Mayo Traction device study.

I'll keep you all updated as things progress.

pey ron

Where do you live?

I was tempted to but first of all I don't know if I qualify (hard to gauge the degree of my bend) and secondly if I have to fly from the west coast to Roechester three times, it may easily be more expensive than just coughing up $600 for the device...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Pfract

Hey freeMason! That's amazing! Thank you so much for letting us know, and please, keep us posted! You and whatnext are doing a great job!  

TonySa

Mine just arrived, going to give it a try.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pfract

Nice!! TSanchez... Looking forward to hear what you have to say about the device too! Please post your thoughts on this after trying.  

Mkmike

Awesome! Do you have any information about it/a way to enroll still? Thanks

WhatNext81

Pen Ron-I think it's $500, unless it went up in price? That's cool there are others giving this a shot. I'm still putting in 1 hour a day. I'm going back to Mayo soon for my last cycle of xiaflex. *Fingers crossed* I look forward to hearing what others think about this. Freemason, I'm guessing they'll set your device up while you're at Mayo?

Tsanchez, I hope this makes things more comfortable for you. I use a little thicker wrap than the 3m that it comes with. I took it up to Mayo just to double check to make sure it was fine to use. Got the okay from Trost. It does make things a bit more comfortable in my opinion. If intrested I can give you a link. I got some wrap from Walgreens(store brand) and the stuff was garbage. Also, depending on your bend, Trost suggested using just some regular gauze wrap where the shaft bends over the device to avoid any friction if that's an issue. It hasn't been for me but nonetheless a great tip worth passing on if it can help anyone.

Anyways, best of luck to you guys and look forward to hearing your thoughts and progress. If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help if I can.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

Brookfield56

Got mine yesterday.  Started today.  We will see how it goes.  Never done any other treatment or traction.  Had this condition a year or so.  

WhatNext81

Brookfield- Nice!

MKMike-P.M. Sent

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

Pfract

Hey guys... Not related to the device, but still on topic... Phoned mayo clinic to ask or Dr Landon Trost in office consultation price... Was given a ball park estimation of between 650$ to 1000$, and that all appointments have a deposit of 7000$ US, that will be refunded, if you come to the consultation. I'm going from Canada, with no insurance. If I go, I mean. R almost fainted with this price..... She said it's like this for everybody. Is this right?  

WhatNext81

Sounds about right. Did that include bloodwork, consultation and ultrasound? Did you ask about financial aide?  

Pfract

Oh my... No, I did not ask and I doubt I have any since I am not American. Also, I just want to go and talk with the doctor for now. My idea would be to just talk about the device and ask for some guidance. But, as of now I have to save more money. Consultation + trip + device + deposit....  :'( It's doable tho, so that gives me hope.  

TonySa

I'd ask, hopefully it at least also includes the ultrasound.  Re any blood work, maybe you could have it done in advance in Canada.  Be sure to get your testosterone levels checked, some thought low T contributes to PyD  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

WhatNext81

When I scheduled the consultation they said it included bloodwork, the ultrasound and visiting with the dr.  

TonySa

Sounds reasonably priced then.

Brookfield56

Using it as prescribed.  Use a thin cloth and gauze wrap.  Only a few days in.  Too soon to tell about progress.  So far so good.  

WhatNext81

Around the glans? What about the wrap it came with?