Choose your surgeon with a lot of critical look

Previous topic - Next topic

mst

OK

I think dr Kuehhas is strongly recommended here by some members. But I think people should know the truth about this doctor. It is important to tell the truth in order to make people more aware in choosing the right surgeon for them. As you probably know your success of the surgery doesn't depend on you but it is all about the good, experienced and fine surgeon.

Honestly, I have good feelings about Kuehhas in the beginning. I contacted him and he responded me very quickly and always positively. He was nice and confident. But as I look at this for now and today - it was unsupported by nothing.

He promise me that we will be succesful and I shouldn't be worried. But then I start ask the questions why he thinks that. Why is he so confident. I expected to get specific and medical answet to my questions but I didn't get them. He only responded that "don't worry, we will be succesful". But then again I said how you can be so sure? And then again I received the respond that "we will make you straight, don't worry".

Really? Is it the respond from the well-known and recognized expert? Then I read this forum and get in contact with some members who had failed surgery with Kuehhas. And you know what - Kuehhas told them exactly the same thing as he said to me! 1:1. He hadn't had any proof to tell this people that surgery will go very well. I think he said that because of wishful thinking - not because of medical knowledge, experience and the specifics of your case.

Moreover, I asked him lot of questions about possibility of side effects. And he again couldn't answer me. "It is only theoretical nature. Don't worry". I thought: OK. But then again I contacted with some people from this forum and what I have heard from them? That before the surgery in the meeting with dr Kuehhas you have to sign a lot of paper work which inform you about possible side effects and the risk of lose erection, penis lenght, sensivity etc. Why? Haven't you just heard that all side effects is only theoretical and it won't happen?

It is not all. Kuehhas asked me to pay the 500 euros deposit for the surgery. I paid to him in November last year. Then I read quite a lot of horror stories with him. Last month I decided to resign from the surgery - 1,5 month before. And.... he didn't refund me my deposit. He tell me a lot of that it was connected with some work to reservation the surgery room for example and the money is not with him anymore but with the clinic.

OK, so I contacted with the clinic. They send me back to Kuehhas. Then I have an email from Kuehhas why I am disturbing the clinic work. REALLY? Didn't he tell me that my money is not with him anymore but with the clinic? Then he said that our contact is over and he wish me good luck.

I asked him about the proof that he paid my deposit to the clinic for reservation the surgery room. No respond yet...

But OK - I am happy now that I save my penis and I would go to another surgeon. It was relief for me to resign from the stage surgery with him - believe me because I had a lot, a lot of concerns about him and my trust to him decreased day by day when I start to ask the questions.

I am writing this because I think that people should know the truth about dr Kuehhas. Just think about it and choose your surgeon with a lot of critical look.

mst

I want to emphasise that my purpose is not to lie away reputation of dr Kuehhas. I wrote only my opinion and my feelings. And it comes from 3-4 months intensive contact with dr Franklin. He tells you exactly what you want to hear - that you will be succesful with him and you shouldn't be worried. I believe that really encourages the people to engage in the treatment with Kuehhas. He responds quickly, he is positive and nice with his answers. But I doubt it if he tells you the whole truth. He couldn't answer me how many failed surgeries he had in his career. He even didn't refer to it. He just told "all will go well!". I asked him about the success rate - and again "we will be succesful".

I am skipping the fact that he didn't refund me my money. he just took it and said me "all the best, bye bye, thank you".  

alasch

hi kusher
i just sent you a pm. please read it. can you post a picture of your skinless penis?  

Hrvat21

Thats bad, as i wanted to go to him. Does anyone knows some other good eastern european urologist?

mst

Check Rados Djinovic - he was the right hand of the great Sava Perović. He has very excellent and impressive CV  

Hrvat21

But he mentions the great "Sava Perović" too much, he seems eclipsed by him, and his most maketable achivement is being his subordinate. I don't know, i'm just very sceptical about surgeons i guess. Rados is closer, so i can go to him for diagnosis, but i don't trust him with my dick yet. Who knows, maybe i just don't trust him because of our countries problems, but he seems like a great guy, just am kinda afraid of getting f'~c<+d up dick. For penile surgery, need to get rid of my curve, regain some size and put in an implant, and only completely trustable guys are in Usa. I really hope Djinovic is good, but his web site is awful and it's obivously harder to find people that went to do surgery with him as he's serbian.

mst

You are right. Make money and go to the USA. It is the safiest way

Hrvat21

I will still probably check Radoš, as lives near and possibly a great surgeon

Pfract

mst1622: thank you for posting this up here. IT's always good to know the other side of the story. The only problem here, is that there is no proof of what you are saying. Sure, you say you are speaking the truth, but when you post stuff like this about somebody, you have to back up your claims!

the same for the guy saying he has no skin in the penis... like.. what? i don't get it.

And i say this, and i don't have any favoritism towards Kuehas, because my problem is not curvature, but ED from penile fracture. It's just, what i think it's right to do in a situation like this.

Also... i would be really curious about talking to somebody what went to Rados Djinovic, but it's impossible to find online.... Hrvat21... if you go there, please show us proof and tell us how it went!

zoli1995

Hi mst1622,

It's important that everyone shares their experience, be it good or bad. It is understandable you had more worries since you didn't have a virgin case (if I remember correctly) and it is a good thing that you're not going forwards with the surgery if you're not sure to do it.

About the money issue, I must tell you that Kuhhas is not greedy. I'm from Romania and I am quite young, only started to work a few years ago. The cost of the surgery (at my time it was 8000 euros) was very hard for me to pay off. I couldn't even get the bank to loan me and family didn't too much money either. Somehow I put together about half of the cost.

I went to visit Dr. Kuhhas for the examination and then told him about my financial issue. I told him I could pay him about 500 euros a month until the rest is payed off. And he accepted it. Next month will be the last one.

From my experience he is NOT the type of person to be greedy about money or sell mambo-jambo. I remember when I was in Vienna, in the weekend, before going home, he came to the clinic from a family lunch just to check on me if everything was alright. I think he really DOES care about you and the results.

I think bottom line is that he is very good with virgin cases and in cases of a redo surgery he might just not have all the answers. Either way a redo is obviously more risky unfortunately. I do respect and think you're doing the right thing about exploring ALL the possibilities. I wish you good luck and really hope you get fixed.

I had a surgery about 5 months ago and I have absolutely no problems, erections are better, I feel better and the penis is 100% straight. It was the best decision of my life.

JohnWright

mst -- thanks for sharing your experience. We'll continue to cheer you on in making more wise decisions.

Two things we can learn:

1) You said, "As you probably know your success of the surgery doesn't depend on you but it is all about the good, experienced and fine surgeon."

Actually, the surgeon and the patient have equal roles to play in order to obtain a successful surgery.

There are at least 10 consequential things a guy has a role with to ensure success. Not the least of which is researching and demanding answers (as you have demonstrated). But there are more.

2) The refund: You lost $500 but whose responsibility was it to understand the terms of making a deposit? I'm glad you shared this experience. It's a reminder to treat our money just like we treat our dick -- very carefully. Ask questions about the refund policy before making a deposit. Where I live, most kinds of deposits on non-refundable.

mst

damned, done. My inbox is not full now.

Quote from: JohnW on February 08, 2018, 09:39:41 AM
Actually, the surgeon and the patient have equal roles to play in order to obtain a successful surgery.

Of course I agree with you. I thought here of my person because I have some experiences with the hospitals and things a lot more heavier than surgery on the penis. I knew from the beginning of my experiences with the hospitals that I have to give 110% myself  :) It really helped me in recover from double jaw surgery when I walked a lot on hospital corridor. So yes, a patient engagement is important, but it wasn't a problem for me. So keep your head high and with fine surgeon you will be succesful.

QuoteThe refund: You lost $500 but whose responsibility was it to understand the terms of making a deposit? I'm glad you shared this experience. It's a reminder to treat our money just like we treat our dick -- very carefully. Ask questions about the refund policy before making a deposit.

And again - I fully agree! Bad decision, but good lesson for the future. It was my mistake but Kuehhas didn't mention about the refund policy. But OK - it is only the money.  

DanP

hi guys
some might know i had stage surgery with dr kuehhas. and i have to say that zoli is right he was not after money he actually help me a lot. it has been almost 3 years now, and i am thankful to him. very much! you can read my story in forum.

i have not being asked to pay deposit nor any other member i was in touch for 3 years now. the forum has helped me and i like it because it give experience of people to other that underwent surgery. that is very good and helpful. mst1622 story does not add personal experience with the surgery. it is personal experience with ...?

@mst1622
i think you dont understand how process of surgery work. if you have surgery in any part of body the doctor need to show you document, that explain risk. that is normal. you should know that if you have had surgery. please dont confuse normal process with tricks. i went through this process and it is not many documents it is one, like in any surgery. you are only one who pay deposit, why is that? have you ask yourself why? please dont misunderstand question but as JohnW say it is propably your responsibility and fault because of possible misunderstanding.
good luck in going to other surgeon. and dont pay deposit again  ;)

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

DanP

i have one question like pfract. how can you live with no skin on penis? kusher show proof of no skin on penis? what do you mean :-\? post picture!
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

mst

I have one request for the moderator - I hope my posts didn't defame dr Kuehhas. If it does - please moderate it. But I think I didn't offend the doctor in any word.  

TonySa

Only through reading posts my impression is Dr K is very friendly, supportive and positive.  That said he seems to come across as reassuring rather than spelling out all the details, Pros and cons, risks and benefits for the patient to decide.  Some people prefer that style, myself I'd like all the details provided rather than a multitude of reassurances.  That said he seems to have great outcomes.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Sitting Bull

You can rest assured Dr Kuehhas didn't rip you off because he just doesn't need to do that and moreover it would cause dismay to his business.
So what he told you about the cost for renting the operating room are likely true.

Doctors like him may even accept to operate for free in some very special and particular cases, they are not after money.

You mentioned some (I am using your words here) "horror stories" you heard about him. Can you elaborate on this ?

The good thing is that you trusted your instinct.
I turned down a booked operation here in Italy for exactly the same reason: they refused to mention the risks up front.
But then at some point they show you the papers, very casually, like it's a formality they almost forgot about and that's when things got ........ scary.

qwertyman

I got that vibe from Franklin too Tsanchez, but I guess when it comes to operating on your member even the smallest risk of all can still worry guys into not going through with the op.

I was really suffering because of my curve mentally and everything about my life has improved since having the op. I needed that reassuring push through the door and am thankful for it.