Pentox and TGF Inhibitors Bad on ligament healing ?

Previous topic - Next topic

diehardpatriot

Hello. I may or may not have damaged my suspensory ligament. (Ligament that holds up penis during erections and holds it in place while flaccid). either that, or My penis was injured. I get sore after erections but no so much during at the base of my penis. I have been taking pentox. I just read the TGF plays a big part in muscle and ligament injuries. Is taking pentox ruining my chances of healing if it in fact my ligament that was injured? Even if I had sprained my MCL or ACL in my knee, would pentox be bad for healing that?  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

TonySa

A good pharmacist might be able to answer if pentox impacts ligament repair in any way.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

pey ron

Interestingly myostatin inhibitors are bad for ligament and tendon repair as well...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

diehardpatriot

Pey ron, so is it bad?? Do you know for sure. I just made the assumption based off reading how TGF plays a role in ligament repair  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

pey ron

I do not know anything for sure. Have you seen an expert doctor to know what you are dealing with, first of all?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

diehardpatriot

Peyron: if you read my previous posts. You can see how I got injured. It seems I messed up some ligament, as well as aggrivated my peyronies. I saw a qualified uro (dr Goldstein). He took my BPSFL and felt for plaque. Diagnosed me with peyronies. However it seems the pulling during taking my measurements messed up my ligaments again as before the examination the base of my penis was no longer in pain. I'm almost absolutely positive it's a ligament issue. As I can get erections on demand, but there's something at the base that struggles to keep it up. I feel a weakness.  As well as a dull ache if I have an erection for a long time. I'm gonna abstain for 5 weeks to see how it heals, but I am stuck. If pentox has the ability to harm the natural healing process I have no problem stalling it until the lig heals. But I am not sure. I'd really like some other input from other members as I am on the fence about stopping pentox. Is TGF beta blocking bad for the natural healing process ? I seem to think so, but I want others opinions. Please, anyone care to chime in?  

pey ron

Quote from: diehardpatriot on February 10, 2018, 12:13:03 AMI have no problem stalling it [pentox] until the lig heals

I would advise you against that. According to dr. Lue, the biggest pentox proponent, there's a short window of opportunity for pentox to be the most effective. Two, or top three months after the injury.
relationship status, etc

diehardpatriot

So I should take the chance and take the pentox, regardless if it'll interfere with ligamemt healing? I have no idea wtf is injured. I may have a cramped pelvic floor, or maybe I did mess up my penis. I have no idea

pey ron

if I were you, I would book an appointment with an expert doctor ASAP, but meanwhile do not stop the pentox.
relationship status, etc

diehardpatriot

Damn bruh. I just saw an expert doctor on the 28th last month, (Goldstein). I everyday regret letting him stretch my dick like that. At this point. I don't think a doc can do much for me. I can see Gelbard, but what is he gonna do? Tell me I have peyronies? (Which I already know). I don't think this pain at the base is a peyronies issue. I'm so damn confused man . Why the hell did I let him stretch my dick like that... especially 3 weeks after a trauma. I feel so stupid. I'm only 17. I plan on seeing Gelbard later to resolve peyronies (I've had it even before this injury, you can see my posts). But for this issue I'm completely confused. I think imma jus keep taking the pentox and supplements and wait a month, then see Gelbard  

Pfract

Hey man, don't worry about he stretching your penis like that. It's part of the assessment. It will not cause damage. I had my penis stretched several times by doctors and had no worsening of the symptoms, and frankly everything stayed the same, post fracture. How are your erections...? Any loss of quality post fracture?

diehardpatriot

Prfract: after the injury, EQ sucked for a week and a half then came back. Pain at the base of penis went down. After the assessment, pain came back and EQ sucked for like 4 days after. EQ is just OKAY as of right now. However pain at the base came back