My Curvature Journey

Previous topic - Next topic

18yearoldcurve

I will keep this updated so that my posts are in one post.

Is it possible to develop peyronies with a congenital curvature? I'm nervous and afraid. I have a curve and i've noticed indentation which i've never noticed before so i'm not sure if it's always been there. It curves downward.

Day 1: My GP gave me the OK to make an appointment with Dr. Lue at UCSF. I hope he knows what to do and hope I don't have peyronies. Im not interested in oral medicine or shots. I just hope this is a severe congenital curve so I can correct easily with surgery. I will call him tomorrow to schedule an appointment.  

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

alasch

great. good luck. i dont think that you can have peyronie's at your age... i guess you are 18, correct? but you might get peyronie's when you are older i guess.  

TonySa

Can get peyronies at any age, but hoping he doesn't have it!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

mst

So you choosed dr Lue

The surgery is a piece of cake. Recovery is very fast. I had double jaw surgery five years ago and there is no comparison... operation on penis compare to that is piece of cake.  

18yearoldcurve

Day 2: Called both Lue and Gelman's offices. Left a message with Lue's office, they didn't answer,  hoping they call back.

However, I DO have an appointment set up with Gelman on March 16 @ 8:30! :)

alasch

18yearoldcurve

Day 9: Well, in almost a month, I will be seeing Dr. Gelman. Excited but nervous. I've noticed that I've been examining my penis and curvature more often and my mind makes me think like it's getting worse, when in reality it's probably been the same for a while. Never had pain, but my indentation is still there... never will know if it's a recent change or if it's always been there, but the curve has always been there so maybe the indentation has too. We'll see what Gelman says next month. I'm really hoping I don't have Peyronie's and if it is, I REALLY hope it's not in the Active stage as that will delay surgery and I dont think I can live with this severe bend for another year. Wish me luck for next month. Will keep y'all updated :)

18yearoldcurve

Day 14: Checking in. Less than a month now until Gelman. I need to stop reading online articles and everything, theyre freaking me out. I'm so young and am a virgin and keep asking myself "Why me?" When will this end. Now, i'm even more lost & confused whether I have congenital or Peyronies or both? I keep self diagnosing which I guess isn't great, but Im just really looking forward to having Gelman diagnose me. I really am praying that it's not active peyonie's as it may delay surgery. I just want to have this corrected.. and can't imagine years of going through this.  

LWillisjr

Relax,
You and I have exchanged some PMs. From what you have shared I really think you have a downward congenital curve. Wait until you see the doctor and see what he thinks he can do to reduce the curve.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

18yearoldcurve

Thanks LWillisJr,

Thanks and yeah I will i'm just really excited to see Gelman. The indentation I have is just freaking me out and I can't remember having it before or not.

18yearoldcurve

UPDATE: Well I had to reschedule with Gelman, I will see him in May now. But I am seeing Dr. Tom Lue next weekend. I'm excited to hear what he diagnoses me with and am terrified of him saying "you have Peyronie's" as I don't want Xiaflex as I've heard bad things about it and given i've had this curve from as long as I can remember, along with torsion, Xiaflex will do nothing. Wish me luck for next week. Very nervous.  

18yearoldcurve

UPDATE: Had my appointment with Dr. Lue. I don't have peyronie's. He and his assistant who were incredibly nice and comforting found no scar tissue whatsoever. They did a thourough ultrasound and found no scar or plaque, which was a huge relief. Of course my OCD makes me paranoid that they didn't go too deep enough but i'm sure that's not the case. In fact, they said everything looks healthy, except the curve of course. They were so professional and kind, which made me feel a lot better. I will have the surgery over the summer.  

TonySa

Congratulations, you can now rest easy.  And, he's a great surgeon!

18yearoldcurve

UPDATE: It's weird because I have the indent where the curve is. But both said there is no scar or plaque present. Even where the location of the bend is. This is good news. Dr. Tom Lue was very confident that I didn't have peyronie's, especially given that i'm only 18. He didn't induce an erection but examined my penis and the photos. Surgery is scheduled for sometime over the summer so we will go from there. Guess I won't be seeing Gelman  

18yearoldcurve

Am I supposed to get a report on my ultrasound? Like the results in paper?

TonySa

No, as Dr Lue did it in the office-he just explains it to you.

18yearoldcurve

UPDATE: As you all probably know, I have bad anxiety obviously. Lol. Laugh it off. Anyways, I'm going to call UCSF tomorrow to schedule a time for my surgery appointment. However, I may ask to have another ultrasound, perhaps erect this time. I'm worried about the indentation and that it may be scar tissue. Initially, he and his assistant doctor said there was no scar tissue but i'm afraid that they didn't go down enough the shaft to see it? Though, when reading the symptoms of Peyronie's... I don't have pain, or any palpable hardness, or ED. But indentation...

I do very much want the surgery and have no doubt that Lue will successfully fix this but I don't want him operating on me if it's active peyronie's and has a chance of coming back. Will update when I call tomorrow.

For those who have had a successful surgery: What was the process? Did you have a pre surgery examination? How was the outcome.  

18yearoldcurve

UPDATE: Just received an email from Dr. Lue. I had asked him that because he diagnosed me with CC and found no plaque, why there's an indentation. He said that indentation is associated with the curve. Good to hear. My surgery is scheduled for May 31.  

djordj

How much costs the operation ?  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **