Urethritis? Cause of Peyronie's disease??

Previous topic - Next topic

monsterjaw

See your doctor if you have an infection so he can prescribe antibiotics. Although untreated urethritis may eventually go away on its own, it can leave you with a worse problem — a urethral stricture or blockage. An injury or untreated infection can cause scar tissue to build up in the urethra.Jul 27, 2016

I just read this online. Funny enough my injury was after I had a bacterial infection in the body. My semen has been an off color ever since and my urethra is sore after I ejaculate for one full day. Anyone ever have this? Says it can leave scar tissue in the urethra.  

NeoV

I had urethritis for quite some time, but after two cystoscopies they both showed "no damage to the urethra." I could have sworn my Peyronie's started that way too, but it seems I was wrong. It certainly is an interesting idea though!

TonySa

The cystoscopes may have caused minor trauma as well triggering peyronies.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

I agree that cystoscopes can cause damage, but all my symptoms started before the cystoscopes! My symptoms have not worsened since, though the idea scares me quite a bit.

Rikonerous

I also believe that damage to the urethra is the beginnings of my penis curvature. I wrote the following in my introduction:

"After sex and while still having an erection, I got a shock wave going through my penis from the top to somewhere to the base. The feeling was so weird and from what I can recall, it felt like something foreign went through my urethra from head to base like a vibrating wave. This sensation did not last long but was definitely disturbing. If it really was inside the urethra I don't know, but it felt like it was or else in the middle of the shaft. Maybe I tore something from the head like an elastic band was pulled down to the base? First, there was just discomfort inside the penis and developed into a pain that worsened over the next 10 days. The curve showed itself after about 2 weeks of this incident."

The GP thinks it is an UTI and the Urologist thinks it is urethral syndrome or an issue with my prostate.

Whatever it is, I am having constant pain in urethra or corpus spongiosum for several months now (on really bad days also in my perineum). It doesn't hurt when urinating, but the pain worsens after ejaculation.

The pain has taken over my life now. It is like I am in a prison of pain. Wow, this sucks...

TonySa

Maybe ask the doc for a diclofenac sodium gel 3% Rx for pain.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

cheeznips

I have a cystoscopy and a retrograde urethrogram should I not do the cystoscopy since it might cause further scar tissue?
My urologist said I might have a urethral disruption.