I just had my second Nesbitt’s Procedure

Previous topic - Next topic

GnarlyRideBro

I was 17 when I had my first and I am now 21. I have a congenital downwards curve and while I was 17 it was very bad. After the first operation it was better but not perfect. The surgeon did not stitch it from the base of the penis and so from an inch outwards, it was bent but then continued on straight to the head of the penis. I was able to have sex after the first surgery but i could only do some positions. I was not able to lie on my back while she was on top of me facing me. This bothered me a lot as i felt like it took a special feeling away from sex and so I tried to go back to the first surgeon when I was 21 but he no longer performs these procedures. I went to a new surgeon who seemed a lot more confident than the first. He told me that the first surgeon basically botched the surgery up by not sitiching it at the base.

I had my second procedure today and I am now laying on my hospital bed. I saw the doctor a few hours ago and he said that he's confident that he's solved the issue. He also mentioned that a few of the stitches from the previous surgery had broken. He said that it is very unlikely that the new stitches will break as they're made with titanium.

I just thought I'd share my story in case anyone was interested.  

18yearoldcurve

Good to hear that the surgery went well. I'm 18 in the US, and also have a curve which is pretty bad. I'm scared of the effects of surgery. Did you notice any differences in penile function after your first surgery? Both of us being at a young age, I would hope and assume that risks are low for us.  

GnarlyRideBro

Hey 18yearoldcurve, I didn't really notice any problems or complications to be honest. After surgery you're able to feel the stitches from the outside with your fingers, but they feel like small little lumps. It's nothing that discomforts your partner. If I didn't have the first surgery, I wouldn't have been able to penetrate during sex at all. The surgery didn't cause any problems for me though. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask

TonySa

How much length was lost after your first surgery?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

18yearoldcurve

Quote from: GnarlyRideBro on February 01, 2018, 07:26:16 PM
Hey 18yearoldcurve, I didn't really notice any problems or complications to be honest. After surgery you're able to feel the stitches from the outside with your fingers, but they feel like small little lumps. It's nothing that discomforts your partner. If I didn't have the first surgery, I wouldn't have been able to penetrate during sex at all. The surgery didn't cause any problems for me though. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask

How bad was your curve pre op? I heard that nesbit procedure only works to a certain limit of curvature. Is that true?

GnarlyRideBro

Quote from: Tsanchez12369 on February 01, 2018, 08:37:30 PM
How much length was lost after your first surgery?

After the first surgery I lost about 2cm which isn't really noticeable to be honest. I was at 5.9 inches after the surgery. Considering how much of a curve I had I was expecting to lose a lot more length. For this surgery they took out the stitches the last surgeon did and so I would have returned to my original length when he took those stitches out. I did ask this surgeon how much length I should expect to lose and he said it shouldn't be much different to what the length was before this most recent surgery.  

GnarlyRideBro

Quote from: 18yearoldcurve on February 01, 2018, 10:01:07 PM
How bad was your curve pre op? I heard that nesbit procedure only works to a certain limit of curvature. Is that true?

I've not heard that. I have heard that is preferable to have some length before doing a Nesbitt procedure but I don't think it affects how well the curve is corrected. I was told by my most recent surgeon that he did lots of little stitches down the length of my penis to ensure that the stitches stayed intact and so that the curve is corrected. He explained that when stitches are stitched over long areas, much like the previous surgeon did, it doesn't completely correct the curve.

I live in Australia so I don't know if the laws are different regarding what operations they can perform but I asked about injections and he said that he doesn't encourage it as the holes from the injections can scar and can cause the curve to worsen. I asked about grafting/graphing (can't remember what it's called) and he said that it is a more complicated surgery than a nesbitt procedure and it is more risky. He said that the safest option is just to do a nesbitt procedure and that he would address all the problems I explained to him.

EDIT: I forgot to answer the first bit of your question. The bend was almost like a hook. It basically curved and pointed straight at the ground when fully erect. I wouldn't have been possible to have sex. I was told by the first surgeon that I had extreme curvature. I am 99% sure that I would not have been able to penetrate with my curve before the first surgery.  

18yearoldcurve

[Full quote remove - Please use 'REPLY' instead of 'QUOTE']  Admin - Les

Mine does the same... curves and points straight to the ground. And now you are straight? That gives me hope. Just talked with my parents and we scheduled an appointment for next week. We'll see where it goes. And erectile function was normal post surgery?

EDIT: Another question... how much did you measure pre operation? You said ur about 5.9" now? Currently im about 6.5", i hope i dont lose too much if I end up getting a surgery.  

GnarlyRideBro

For about a week after surgery you're not going to get any erections and that's normal so don't worry. For the next few weeks after that you might get erections but they will be a bit sore. This is all normal so don't worry. Once I healed and everything was all better, I was able to ejaculate normally, I could maintain erections normally, there was a little bit of numbness around the head of the penis but that went away after a month or so. And I know it's a scary thought having to lose length, but it's better to have a penis you can use instead of having one that is long and unusable. You won't lose that much length. Girls aren't going to notice the tiny bit of length that you might lose. Even if they do notice, I guarantee they won't care.

Pre operation i was 6.2 or 6.3 inches, and afterwards i was about 5.9 inches, but honestly just from looking at it I didn't notice any loss of length. No one will notice the difference between those measurements. I was surprised though because it actually looked longer post op as it was straighter so it sticked out further from my body than it did previously.  

mst

GnarlyRideBro