3rd Round of Xiaflex today. I don't have the highest hopes

Previous topic - Next topic

Perdido_Key

2nd injection of 3rd round today.  So I'm sitting here with some pretty profound swelling.  After the first two rounds I followed the post-injection protocols & modeling to the letter, but so far there's zero improvement in the 'hourglass' effect or sharp hook to the right.  I know not to have the highest expectations, but my Doc says if there's no difference at all after this six-week waiting period, he's advising against the 4th round:  it would just be a waste of time.

I'm going to keep my attitude as positive as possible as the 3rd round medication does its work, but I have a dreadful feeling that this treatment did not work for me.  My doc did tell me that with a few patients, Xiaflex just doesn't help.

I'm pretty bummed out...50 years old and possibly out of the sex game for the rest of my days.

Anybody see results, but not until the 3rd round?  I could use some encouraging words.

swiss

hey, bruv. What else have you been doing for your curve? Have you commited to hours and hours of traction or months of VED with no results?  

TonySa

Me doc swears that traction is needed for xiaflex injections to be most helpful.  I've heard of guys for who the effects didn't kick in until even the 6th round.  Is surgery an option at all if needed?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

WhatNext81

How many days are you keeping it wrapped? And are you keeping it wrapped in the shower until the swelling has subsided? Also, I agree with Tsanchez, traction is very useful. The medicine doesn't do the work on it's own and that's why modeling and traction are important. The plaque is most elastic within 5 days after your last injection of each cycle. In my case I was told hand modeling and traction is to be started right away.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

betterbend

I got my injection at 12:00and kept it wrapped until 8 the next morning to takw a shower.  So far on my first two injection no swelling or bruising.
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

WhatNext81

That's interesting. From what I understand there is a correlation between bruising and plaque being broken up. Aka the injections being effective. I know bruising varies but none at all? Hmmm. That's interesting.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

betterbend

I don't know if there is a correlation between pain / bruising and results.  In the trial about 60% got hematoma, 50% swelling and pain.   I have read that some of the bruising is from the Xiaflex getting into the space around plaque.   I am hoping that those numbers get better as the skill of the doctor improves with experience.  My doc waits 7 days between injections to lessen the adverse reactions, during the trial I imagine it was a strict 3 days.  
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex