What type of plaque do you have?

Previous topic - Next topic

Somewhatdamaged2112

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well. I was diagnosed by a urologist a few years ago with Peyronies. Thankfully, I don't have much of a curve (at this point) and I'm one of the ones who gets most of his pain when flaccid. Good months and bad months. Still waiting for this damn acute phase to go away (2 years later).

Anyway, long story short - does anyone else have a chord-like type plaque? Mine is on my left side mid-shaft and is like a inch long rope or chord that circles the shaft. Doesn't hurt to touch but can def see it bludge out in flaccid state. Can't see it when erect. In addition I have a small lump like plaque at the "base".  

For the sake of my sanity (lol) just wanted to hear other people's stories and type of plaque with this dreaded disease.

Thanks!
SD

Stabler

Hello SD,

Glad you found us and yes we do have members that have similar rope or chord like ring or line on their shaft. Can you tell us what treatments you have been using Meds/Traction/VED etc....

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Somewhatdamaged2112

Hey Stabler67,

Thanks for the reply! My urologist (whom i've seen a dozen times) basically just said "Not much I can do but if you get a painfull curve come back ASAP". I had a good 4 -5 months this year where I had no pain at all. That didn't last, though. Although the pain, when I get it, is not as strong.

Anyway, ya - the chord like thing is so weird to look at. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Stabler

Hello SD

You should seek another urologist, one that specializes in Peyronies disease. We have a list her in the forum if you haven't found it yet. It doesn't sound like the one you are seeing has a good enough amount of knowledge for treating you. The "wait and see" response is usually a good sign you need to seek a new doctor.

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Somewhatdamaged2112

Somewhatdamaged2112

That is odd. My doc was like digging for it lol. But I can actually feel and see it in 2 places.  

Krime

I've got 3 of those rope like bands extending from the top of the shaft and down to the left to the bottom where the urethra is. Between two of them is where the upward curve starts, which is where I've also got a lump of plaque on the top of the shaft. I think I've got a couple small rope like bands along the bottom right too. Bracing myself for how bad this curve might get. Fingers crossed for everyone going through this. What a sh!^^y thing to have to deal with!

CaptainHook

Mine is on the shaft on the left side. It's not a big plaque. But mine has an indent in the middle, like its missing. So I am guessing that part might have dissolved. Since I had the plaque there previously. But I got a hard flat nod of plaque and below that, I have another plaque which is soft. Both of them are jagged and weird lol. I also got an upwards left curve.

Geee77

I too have chords the entire length on both sides and hour glass at base