Another New Guy Here

Previous topic - Next topic

RickAZ

Hello all!
My name is Rick, and I developed Peyronie's about 1 1/2 years ago during a lovemaking session with my wife.  Felt the pop and almost immediately knew what had happened.  Have seen a uro three times now. He was willing to give Xiaflex injections, but my insurance denied them.  We have BCBS and they don't cover reproductive treatment for men other than vasectomy (no ED drugs, treatment for Peyronie's, etc).
Have been doing stretches for a little bit.  My plaque scar is at the top of my dick, near the base when soft and about mid-shaft when hard, so my bend is upwards. Has made intercourse pretty painful for my wife, so we more often than not seek alternative ways of satisfying each other.
I've tried ultrasound to the shaft (I'm a doctor so I have one in my office for physical medicine), stretches, jelqing, etc.  I think I'm just not as consistent with anything as I need to be for it really to make a difference.
One of the comments on a post I made at PEGym was a link to this site, so I'm excited to see what tips and resources are here.
Help and comments always appreciated!

Rick Az

Paolo

Hi Rick, welcome to the forum, glad to see you are a Doctor, we need as many guys on here medically qualified as possible.

Hope you post often and good luck to you Sir  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

betterbend

Rick ask your urologist about verapamil injections.  Verapamil injections appear to be effective in certain patients and has been used by patients that can't get coverage for xiflex..  I had to fight with my insurance co. to get them to cover Xiflex injections.  I also bought a Peyronies stretching device, will start using next week as I just finished my first two xiflex treatments this week.  I think there has been success with stretching device alone also.  Other than that I use co-q 10.  400 mg daily.  There was a single study that showed success, I would love to see another study done to see if it backs up the first study.  The only other drug that I have read success with is pentoxifylline.  My uro doesn't believe in that however.  Good luck, there are a lot of people on this board who have tried different things, unfortunately, it seems that there isn't a consistent treatment that works across the board...  
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex