Hey new here. have some questions

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

Hey everyone, I am new here and I have Peyronies for about 5 or 6 months now after being diagnosed with it. I have a bend to left.  I would not say it an extream curve so far but its a curve never the less. I have tried all kinds of treatments, nothing has worked so far for me. But I have a few questions about Peyronies and hopefully, I can get some answers.

My first question.  Is how come my penis looks more curved an deformed somedays but other days it looks normal with just a slight curve.

Second question. how come I have two plaques, I know you suppose to have one, but how come two? I got one on the right side at the bottom of the penis and the other one is on the left side of the penis shaft in the middle. will this second plaque at the bottom of the penis effect the curve and deformity? I know the other plaque has made me curve to the left, I just hope the other one doesn't make it worst.

Third question.  One of the plaques has an indent in the middle. Like it has dissolved. Is this normal?

betterbend

I will try to answer, remembering that I am not an MD ...

1.  I assume you refer to the look while erect.  When not erect my penis often looks perfectly normal.  The harder I get the more pronounced the curve.  When I went for an evaluation, I was injected with a drug cocktail of alprostadil papaverine and phentolamine.  It is a very potent (pardon the pun) erection inducer.  That was where the curve was at its worst, but I have seen it that bad with morning erections.  Unfortunately I don't get that hard for sex ...

2.  My understanding is that you can have multiple plaque formations and not every plaque leads to a bend or pain.  So best bet is for a doctor to evaluate both of them and your bend to see what the issue is.

3.  No idea on the third question.  Perhaps its still active and forming, or possibly healing if you are in the lucky 10% that heal on their own?  I dont know.  

My advice is to go on the Peyroines Society website or some other advocacy website and find an MD who specializes in treatment, hopefully near you and in your insurance plan.  I saw 3 different doctors before choosing, and I am lucky to be in NY because I had options.  However, many urologists have a general familiarity with the condition, but aren't up on the latest research, which isn't very robust BTW...
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

CaptainHook

thanks for the reply. I have had them evaluated, I was told it was plaque but wasn't sure if the other plaque would cause me to be more curved. What I mean by more curved an deformed is when I am fully erect. It can sometimes look more curved but other days it's less curved when I am fully erect.  I am going to go and find a specializes at some point.  But thanks for answering my questions and I hope we all can get over this terrible condition someday.