Peyronies Disease bend same direction as congenital. Common or chance?

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleye

I've had a slight congenital bend and now at 42 I have Peyronies Disease. The bend is in the same direction yet thankfully not much more of a bend so far. Ultrasound confirms Peyronies Disease.
Now it's either 25% random chance that my bend is in the same direction, yet I'm wondering if the congenital bend could influence a Peyronies Disease bend. Thoughts?
I wish there was a poll feature, yet I don't expect many replies enough to make one needed.

Paolo

Yes, I think a congenital bend can influence peyronie's bend further, that's what I found. I have a dorsal (top) curve and had a natural congenital curve always, for as long as I remember. I just awoke one morning in pain and with a more severe bend, it's currently about 20 degrees.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

JohnWright

Coincidental correlation

You have a congenital curve. Some microtrauma (or worse) causes plaque to form. Coincidentally, if the microtrauma occurred on the same short arc as the congenital curve, and depending on severity of the plaque buildup, this could intensify the existing curve.

But, suppose you experience some trauma to the other side of your shaft, the long side. Plaque build up there could have the effect of shortening the long side of the arc and you could end up straightened, though somewhat shorter.

pey ron

i would assume it to be all the more likely to happen, especially if your congenital curvature was upward (more stress on woman-on-top positions)
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Oh Boy

Yea I think what JohnW is saying is true
A urologist told me that if your penis bends when you are having sex or masturbating it can cause some microtraumas. These microtraumas doesn't mean that you need to have a bend penis. You can get them from rough sex that puts strain on the penis .But if your penis is bent then it will usually bend with sexual activities. Theses mini scars can form Peyronies.

Well he didn't exactly tell me that, he told me there was a study looking into it (not fully confirmed) but he thinks it seems likely.