Going off Pentox a bad thing?

Previous topic - Next topic

Doesthislookbad

Hi,

I have been taking two 400mg tabs of Pentox for 3 months. As I was in very early stages it stopped any further bending or pain. I have read that Pentox may weaken immune system, among other things, and therefore would like to get off of it. Does anyone have experience going off of Pentox and bends getting worse and other symptoms recurring once you stop taking it?  

Gutted

Just my view distilled from all the reading I've done over the years .....  but I would've given the Pentox at least 6 months, especially as you were on 2/day, not 3/day as well.

Great you think it stopped further bending and pain but surprised you can be sure of that as you have no comparator and were only on it 3 months ?

I did 8 months but continued to get more deformity develop during that time. Obviously, not everyone's Peyronies Disease reacts to Pentox the same way. Anecdotally, it seems pain suppression on Pentox is more usual than it preventing symptoms develop or reversing them.

If you are still in Acute, I would keep taking it if you can. I can see the logic in that. Also my Uro won't prescribe it during Chronic as he thinks, if it helps at all, it will be during Acute.

You're right, it does depress the WBC count and you therefore become partially immuno-deficient. I would have liked to stay on it a bit longer but I started getting Colds that wouldn't go for ages and then when I started getting inexplicable facial dermatitis rashes, I threw the towel in and wound down and eventually off it.

When I came off there was no change in my pain / aching profile and no noticeable additional or acceleration in the development of deformities  

Doesthislookbad

[Full quote removed - read the forum rules for posting   PM sent to poster]

Thanks. When you say partially immuno-deficient, should I not be worried about any long term affects from being on Pentox? If I stay on it for 6 months as you suggest and go off after that point will my WBC and immune system go back to normal or will anything be permanently damaged?

Gutted

The WBC count returns to normal after a period once you are off it and it is not registered as a permanent side effect.

If it makes you feel any better, some people on here managed 2 yrs on Pentox and some take 4 /day ! Also, bear in mind, people who take this drug for it's proper therapeutic application - peripheral arterial disease - need to be on it much longer than 6 months !

pey ron

I've been taking 8000mg a day for the past month, it took me 9 months to build up to that dose. I am still not even getting a cold. Maybe weakening our immune system is what most of us need...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TonySa

I've taken 6/day for several months w no problems  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.