PeniMaster Pro correct set-up of Rod Extender

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutted

Just checking for others views on extender rod length starting point. Obviously this has a very significant effect on pulling force.

In the manual it says "protracted length + 1.5cms"

How did people interpret "protracted length" ? ... as I feel it's a possibly slightly off translation from the German original.

Did you take it to mean basic average flaccid length, fully outstretched flaccid or bone pressed flaccid ??

I'm tempted to check with the manufacturer / distributor unless someone else has

LWillisjr

If you are using for traction therapy, there is no given formula. You need to adjust the length of the rods until the point when you put on the device you can get a "comfortable" stretch. If it doesn't feel like enough, lengthen the rods, if too much then shorten them.

I've also seen instructions where they say to add .5 cm to the rod length every 2 weeks. These are generic instructions that come with a device for penile lengthening. It just does not make sense to me to keep adding and adding tension until you can't take it any longer.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Gutted

Thanks for the response LWillisjr.

This particular make of Extender (PeniMaster) is quite specific about the base setting (length of rods). Once you have that set right, there is a tension meter on the device that allows you to both read the tension it's at and alter if necessary. They give you a tension range to stay within.

Therefore,  the correct base setting of rod length is fundamental to getting the therapy right in terms of under or over doing it.

To calculate the base setting they say use penis "protracted length" and add 1.5 cms which gives you the safe and therapeutically correct start point. As "protracted length" isn't a very precise statement - hence my question

Cheers

McQueen

Hi

I am using the same, and I took the protracted length as follows:

In the flaccid condition, grab the head, and gently pull the penis until you start to feel any form of stretch, and measure.

This is what I took to be protracted length.

Even by doing this, there was still an amount of playing around with the rods until I found a comfortable starting point.

I think what does not help, is that in the flaccid  condition, size can vary by a considerable amount due to temperature !

As an example, I started with the vanilla latex, and when winter came, I had to change to the green to keep it in the suction cup !!

Peyronie Symptoms since 2016

45 degree bend to the left, corrected, but upward curve of 40 developed whilst under traction.

Soft lump opposite curve

VED, Taladafil, Ubiquinol, DMSO + Iodine + Paba, L Citrulline, Black Seed Oil & MSM

Gutted

Thanks McQueen.

Interesting that I kind of took it the same way and set up the rod length by just pulling until it seemed like a natural flaccid stretch limit without forcing.

It's useful to hear that you still had to play around with the rods a bit. I've found that after moving up to 4 hours a day (from 2hrs) that I am having to use too much of the range in the adjusters to get just 3 notches showing on the tension meter. So, I must've have lengthened a bit already and will have to add one of the smallest rod units, I think a 0.5, to the starting position.

I think you're right to make the point about the variance in flaccid length stretch due to temperature and other factors, which would therefore affect set up. With that and your point about having to change the diaphragm / sluice sizes in winter, have you tried warming/heating prior to traction??

I use one of those microwave-able rice/bean bag heat packs to gently warm through until everything is maximally 'loose' and relaxed. I think that does two things. Allows you to be in a fully 'relaxed' and not shrunken flaccid state, so your start point is at it's longest. Secondly, heat weakens the collagen structure in the plaques making the plaque more likely to respond to the traction stretch

Cheers

McQueen

I used to have a hot shower prior to first using, but after that , I was stuck. Being ay work, and no heating has made things a nightmare ! I even had to take off a spacer to help !

Its a good tip to use the microwavable rice/bean bag, but difficult to explain amongst work colleagues......

Peyronie Symptoms since 2016

45 degree bend to the left, corrected, but upward curve of 40 developed whilst under traction.

Soft lump opposite curve

VED, Taladafil, Ubiquinol, DMSO + Iodine + Paba, L Citrulline, Black Seed Oil & MSM