How long should I wait?

Previous topic - Next topic

Distress

Hi, maybe Im a bit off topic here, but I do not know where to ask.

I had a ligature surgery in the veins of the penis months ago for my venous leak, but it did not work. So I am going to have another surgery
Can someone tell me how long I should wait to go for another surgery? Those who have had more than one peyronies surgery on the penis for how long did they have to wait  between one and the other? What is the minimum waiting time to have a second surgery?

very thankful

LWillisjr

Ligature surgery and Peyronies surgery are completely different. I understand your concern but I'm not sure you question makes sense on this forum.

You indicated a surgery "months ago". If you and your doctor are in agreement that the surgery didn't work, then I don't see why you would need to wait any longer given you are considering another surgery. I think I might look for another doctor if I were you.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

TonySa

Lots of discussion on FT re venous surgeries for ED...seems to be poor (and sometimes catastrophic) results.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Jonbinspain

I personally know of no reputable surgeon who will guarantee a successful outcome to surgery for ED.

All current techniques are high risk.  

Distress

I already had the operation, I'm not asking what you think about it, what I wanted to know is those who in this forum had two operations of peyronies, because the first was not successful or whatever..
How long they waited from the first surgery until the second surgery? What is the minimum waiting time between one and the other? Anyone knows?
Thank you so much

Jonbinspain

In which case you need to ask 'why did the surgery fail?'  And then decide if you want to trust the same surgeon again.

The amount of waiting time is not set. It's for the surgeon to decide if it's appropriate to operate on your problem at this time.  

JohnWright

Distress -- To answer your question: I had surgery in June 2016 (for congenital curve) and here's what I learned during conversation with the surgeon about ALL surgery to any part of the body in general:

- Every single human being is different, so it's up to you and a prospective surgeon to discuss how quickly, effectively, and without complication your body is healing from the first surgery.

- An aspect of post-surgery healing that a doctor should consider for your dick is the lymph system. Is it fully functional again (assuming it was functional in the first place), has all post-surgery swelling of the dick completely resolved? When I discussed this with the surgeon I selected for my procedure, he said that frequently it can take up to a year's time for the lymph drainage in the dick to fully restore after surgery. It's not unusual. His preference is to wait a year between surgery to the dick in order for the lymph system to fully reconnect. This is just one example.

- Some people have physical considerations for which there is no way the members of this Forum could possibly have knowledge of -- important things that affect healing and second surgery conversations:

• > Underlying health issues
    > Impaired immune system
    > Poor diet
    > Little to no exercise
    > Body isn't healing well after first surgery
    > There were complications during or after the first surgery
    > The patient ended up with a permanent staph infection from the first surgery
    > The patient contracted MRSA during the first surgery
You see? Lots of variables we have no idea about where you are concerned...and that's just the tip of the ice berg.

Find a better surgeon and have a better conversation. Any guy here can appreciate the desire for instant answers to your situation, but instant answers don't exist for your question. Cheering you on.

John

Distress

Thanks John for your answer, you are right in what you say. When I read about doing another operation, most of the surgeons always say wait 6 months, others say at least 3, and others say up to a year, that's why it's never clear to me. I've been 6 months after my operation and everything seems well healed