DMSO + Allantoin?

Previous topic - Next topic

swiss

Combine DMSO with allantoin at 2%-3% concentration. Apply daily, it will likely remove the scar as well as any internal scarring. Allantoin is a keratolytic, it will soften and break down keratinized cells and loosen the scar tissue so that it may be removed by the body.

I just read this online from a post in 2010 somewhere online. Checked the forum and it comes up a few times but nothing combining DMSO +Allantoin...

Anyone try this before?

Swiss

JustaguywithaP

Hello first post  :)
I don't know allantoin but lately i'm thinking about a combination of serrapeptase, nattokinase mixed with dmso.
Both those enzimes should reduce fibrin and so soften the scar tissue. Anyone tried it or did rearches about that?
Anyway replying to your question i don't think that scar tissue has keratinized cells in it, more likely a disorganized grid of elastin and collagen with a high prevalence of the latter.

Have a nice day  :)

TonySa

I guess the question is would the solution only attach the
Plaque and not the good tissues?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

swiss

I'm not sure but that's what the article said would work for internal scar tissue.  

TonySa

Do you have the link for the article?  Are you starting on pentox and traction or VED?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Paolo

I am somewhat a fan of serrapeptase, I take it before bed on an empty stomach, I believe it can help reduce fibrin but takes a very very long time, talking months here  :-\
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

projectpd

I have taken serrapeptase oraly and am convinced it reduced/eliminated pain, however the molecular weight is very high , about 100 times over what is thought to be the limit for transdermal with DMSO
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

projectpd

sorry, as having said that, there is a study that said transmission did take place with dmso.
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

Paolo

No need for apology, please link study, if you don't mind  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

projectpd

this is it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2883229/
re "permeation through skin" : "IPM and DMSO were found to be effective ...on the permeation of SRP.  "

JustaguywithaP

Very interesting, anyway would be useful to know if you can just mix the powder of serrapeptase contained in the capsule with dmso.
I checked the website of the company from whom the authors' reseach obtained the serrapeptase enzyme and it seems to sell only to commercial companies and not to private.

Actually after giving another read to the research they use 1% w/v serrapetpase solution and 0,5% w/v Dmso solution , those are really diluted solutions.
In my opinion a gel made of serrapeptase and dmso combined with traction and/or ved could be some significant results, afterall the xiaflex enzyme is protelytic and fibrinolytic like the serrapeptase, the main difference is that xiaflex is more powerful and has the ability to actually degradate healthy tissue. So xiaflex could be identified as an instant cure while the serrapeptase would need more time to give results.

I even tried search online for solutions with collagenase in it and i found one that actually has the collagenase from the Clostridium histolyticum altough i don't know if it's the same type of collagenase xiaflex has.

projectpd

No those figures were for a polymer compatibility test: for the DMSO (one of the non- polymers) compatibility test, they used 10mg SRP (not solution) with 15% v/v DMSO .That was just in the compatibility tests. In the permeation tests, they used 5 mg/ml SRP and said 50% or higher DMSO was needed to be effective. (At 15% v/v DMSO tested , there was some inhibition of the enzyme to approx 85% activity, so we would just have to hope at 50% there would be some more but not 100%).
Unfortunately the claims about serrapeptase digesting scars just don't seem to have published research behind it I can find, moreover I believe scars are composed of collagen, the same protein as in normal tissue, not fibrin, it's just the arrangement/structure of the collagen that is different. Scars are not really dead tissue either (what SRP is claimed to digest)  it's still living tissue.
I dont know of a reason why SRP from some other supplier would not behave differently from the one in the study though, unless there are different varieties of SRP. Mine was enteric coated, that's just the capsule.

JustaguywithaP

Scars are not living tissue they are fibrotic tissue which is composed mainly of collagen fibers which are long chain of proteins. Living cells are really low in number and the same goes with vascularization. Basically you got living cells and collagen since it's a fundamental part of the connective tissue altogether when you get a trauma and develop a scar the body replaces traumatized living cells with collagen fibers.
You said right anyway that fibrin is not collagen. :)

Paolo

I have to say Serrapeptase has been great for me for pain relief, to that end I think for me its all positive taking it  :)

pey ron

I have allantoin and I have DMSO. I should try this. I should have tried it a long time ago...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **