words

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm new here
I hate the word 'disease' makes me feel depressed
my symptoms point to 'pryronies' and find myself constantly looking for a solution for what is coming up as incurable... it would be easier to find solutions to an STD... feeling really desperate and don't know what to do
my GP is clueless and the best advice online is to buy a sonic toothbrush and try to breakdown plaque.... or a 3 mhz ultrasound device
any help would be appreciated ... thanks

NeoV

The best treatment is in no way to use a tooth brush, nor has shockwave ever been shown to be more effective than the other treatments. Stick with what has been proven to work for now, and you will get improvement. I hate the word too, just keep in mind that a lot of men have scarring on their penis. One study showed at least 1/4th of all bodies analyzed had penile scarring, and this was an old study. Now days I imagine we could find more and I don't even know how they checked for it. I appreciated one doctor who told me "you have scar tissue in your penis, so what?"

I have scar tissue on my elbows as well, I have damage all over from weight lifting, but it's okay. Just carry on and take care of it all the best you can!

JohnWright

Best advice: Spend some time reading this site. There is no greater collection, in one place, of personal experiences, observations, and general information.

Read!

We're cheering you on.

TonySa

Hi Karma, what symptoms se you having and for how long?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

curved

Just thought I would offer my experience thus far with PRP shots and ESWT (branded Big D Wave).  For context I have completed 4 rounds of Xiaflex with great results although a painful journey, given several hematomas. My curve went from 40 degrees to under 15 with the Xiaflex protocol.  I still have a bit of hourglassing where the plaques are and have lost a small amount of length... hence why I thought I would try the PRP shots and ESWT.  PRP did nothing for me other than increase a small amount of additional girth while in the flaccid state... so I remain a bit skeptical on this procedure.  The doctor indicated that it would probably take 3 shots over 6 months and an additional 6 months to see the plaques reduced.  I have had 3 sessions of ESWT and these seems to be a bit more promising.  It was recommended that I have 10 treatments over a 4-6 month period.  I can feel that the plaques have "broken" up a small amount but certainly not to an extent yet that I would recommend ESWT as a better protocol over Xiaflex.  Each ESWT session consists of 5 locations at 1000-2000 pulses per location.  Happy to answer any questions.  Best to all
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE