HPV?

Previous topic - Next topic

pey ron

«Immunological factors also appear to play a major role, so genetic disposition is probable. However, recently there have been increasing indications that it may be caused by an infection (possibly HPV).»

from: http://www.deutsches-zentrum-urologie.com/en-US/peyronies-disease-changes.html

really???
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

JohnWright

Considering that virgins can find themselves with Peyronie's...that site's suggestion is merely a suggestion.

NeoV

I've wondered about this myself, but I highly doubt it, given that genetic factor is so strong.. As well as the metabolic.

I had symptoms when I was a virgin as well.. Not sure what the hell that is referencing.

Whyhellothar

Aren't most strains of HPV untreatable, and isn't having at least one strand of HPV more common than not having any HPV these days? It's asymptomatic in most people, but unless I'm mistaken having HPV is nevertheless the new normal, especially if you're sexually active.

So if most people get HPV, and HPV mostly comes from sexual activity, then this might as well be saying that a majority of Peyronie's cases result from sexual activity, which... yeah, is also true even without HPV in the mix. Hasn't stopped guys from having sex yet!

So it feels like this would be a moot point in my opinion, but it is an interesting idea to think about at least!

madorno17

Por favor leia na mesma pagina meu comentário sobre HPV: Minha teoria   madorno 17

Please read my HPV review on the same page:     My theory   madorno17
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

mike017

Three years ago I was diagnosed with HPV throat cancer.  Treatment successful.  coincidence or not I started noticing bend in penis, diagnosed as Pyronies disease.  Another coincidence perhaps, I have a history of Dupuytren's contractures, both hands, several surgeries over the last 10 years.  I understand the two do have some genetic similarities?  Guess Im full of coincidences?

madorno17

Eu tive as primeiras verrugas de HPV quando tinha 11 anos e ainda nem sabia o que era sexo. O vírus HPV pode ser passado ao filho pela mãe na hora do parto, e em contato com a pele, e também através da roupa, e nas relações sexuais.  

I had the first HPV warts when I was 11 and I still did not even know what sex was. The HPV virus can be passed to the child by the mother at the time of birth, and in contact with the skin, and also through clothing, and in sexual intercourse.
relationship status, etc

JohnWright

HPV is a sexually transmitted infection.

I have a friend who had most of his tongue removed from the HPV cancer that developed after years of oral sex. Oral cancer is a common result, as is anal cancer from contracting HPV during anal sex.

https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

pey ron

Quote from: JohnWright on December 23, 2017, 01:14:27 AMvirgins can find themselves with Peyronie's

I once saw a study where kids have been found with several strains of HPV under their fingernails. HPV is everywhere. It's not strictly an STD.
relationship status, etc

Gabriel

OMG, I juste stumbled on this topic which rings a particular bell for me : my Peyronies Disease exactly followed an HPV burst... and a treatment with the gold-standard Aldara cream, which is litteraly a torture and full of weird side-effects (those who know will certainly agree with me...). My uro told me there was no link between HPV and Peyronies Disease though... but he already told me so many things I tend to relativize...
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

pey ron

doesn't Aldara work by inducing production of interferon? and aren't interferon injections used to treat Peyronie's?
relationship status, etc

Gabriel

Wow, that's beyond my competences Peyron^^ ! All I know is that Aldara gave me big horrible rashes, itching, burns, and even some kind of dizziness... But I'm not advocating not to use it folks^^ !
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.