Polarityte?

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunobald

This company, polarityte came on my radar about 1 year ago. I was interested in their skin regeneration claims. They say they can apply a mix of human stem cells to a full thickness burn and achieve decent regeneration of the full skin including hair and pores. This could be good for Peyronie's and associated conditions involving skin and facsia. These companies usually turn out to be bunk but with looking into maybe. They also say it might work with other human tissues including bone, fascia and heart.

The interesting part is they can't skip FDA approval because it uses the bodies own cells. They are already trialling in Burns units across America. Maybe someone in America could make contact.

nowhereman

Thanks Bruno, I hadn't heard of this though I wish I'd bought their stock - up 800% in '17  :'( ;).
Here is a link to the product (skinTE):
https://www.polarityte.com/products/skinte

From what I've read it's worked in mice and pigs. And surgeons are using it at 10 different hospitals in the US for human trials currently, which started at the beginning of December and so we should know how well it works very soon as the trial patients wounds will be healed shortly, and they'll want to show it off to spur investment.
They must also be pretty confident this is going to work well as they just announced a brand new corporate headquarters/manufacturing facility:
https://ir.polarityte.com/press-releases/detail/417/polarityte-announces-a-new-200000-sq-ft-polarity-campus

Brunobald

Hi nowhereman,

I have seen a few comments and posts on facebook and Twitter that suggest some people have had a positive experience with the product. Skin heals so quickly that I guess they will already know if it works or not from the small trials already done. It's interesting to hear they have removed some old skin grafts from patients and applied skinte in its place.

My only worry, other than the legitimacy of the company is wether it will have any useful effects for peyronies. It would have to be a mixture of cells for a facia not skin and also the mixture would have to somehow stay in place and build the right thickness and orientation of tissue. I think it might be more useful for illnesses related to peyronies like hand and feet contractures and frozen shoulder, which would be a huge advance there.

We are Def entering a new age of medical advances with personal medicine. I think crispr and machine learning will drive most of that forward. If we ever get a working quantum computers that might also drive forward insight into our DNA and how it codes for our individual diseases. I also think it might be soon before we have the ability to grow or print new fascia material to repair peyronies damage. Further down the line we might have 3d printed bio implants grown from our own cells to replace the inflatable part of the penis.

nowhereman

PolarityTE™ Provides Business Updates on Clinical Use of SkinTE™: Regeneration of Full-Thickness Skin

https://www.polarityte.com/news-media/press-releases/detail/419/polarityte-provides-business-updates-on-clinical-use-of