Gum disease and/or thyroid problems contributing factors?

Previous topic - Next topic

RiskyBiscuit

Been reading quite a bit of literature in medical journals lately on how gum disease and the associated bacteria contribute to heart disease, stroke, etc as well as chronic systemic inflammation due to the over active immune response to constant infection. These bacteria are particularly pathological to soft tissue (such as the kind found in gums and maybe the penis?) and can easily pass into your bloodstream and throughout your body. This could turn vulnerable spots (such as a recently damaged penis) into chronically inflamed "hot spots." These bacteria are particularly good at mimicking other micro organisms such as those found in Graves' disease, Hashimotos, and your body's own antigens, which means the immune system can often turn against the body's own cells.
So I'm just curious, is anyone else on here like me and experiencing gum disease? Or thyroid issues? There is strong correlation between these to and thyroid problems can often contribute to gum disease or other issues (possibly peyronies?)
Maybe I'm going out on a limb here but there is not much research on this correlation and so I though I'd start my own poll and continue piecing together what I can. Thanks guys. Ill try and keep you all up to date with any findings.

Paolo

Oral health is hugely important IMO.
I have read that toothpaste containing Xylitol is very beneficial, along with gum but you need to supplement throughout the day and may take some weeks for the benefits, see Xylitol: The Biggest Game Changer for Dental Hygiene - Spear Education

I am currently trying Iodoral tablets (Iodine and Potassium Iodide) and honestly feel a whole lot better for doing so. It isn't so easy as you need to supplement 'several' other vitamins and increase salt intake, the protocol is somewhat difficult. When I started with Iodoral I had the 'worst' flu imaginable, the works in fact but this I think means that I may have had a toxins issue that has built up (55 Years old). I believe in the USA bromine is still added to breads and soda, bromine competes with Iodine and replaces it, bromine here in the UK was banned along with most european countries, think bromide (BVO). A nice 'side' benefit is that I have seen an uplift in my libido in taking this, due to antioxidant effect on testes BUT I don't recommend rushing to try it without doing research firstly. Iodine was the first treatment for Influenza by the way.
Iodine is also hugely important for women's breast tissue, second only to thyroid function.

So yes, oral hygiene is very, very important  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

kuaka

Gum disease is only partially due to oral health.  Believe it or not, it is more indicative of dietary issues.  Our "food" quality these days is terrible, and the chemical approximations of vitamins is not any better...and perhaps even worse.  The knowledge of nutrition which is absent in modern Medicine is worse than outrageous, even worse than bordering on criminal...I believe it actually IS criminal.  Profits first.

I have learned much about metabolic requirements of the human body in the last couple of years...things I wish I had known in my 20's and 30's...but I trusted the Medical profession too much in those days.  Most MD's do zero study on nutrition.  You will learn more about minerals as a livestock vet than an MD.

We need Selenium to process Iodine properly, so a Selenium source should be added along with any Iodine.  Food sources are better, but if that can't be done, a supplement is better than nothing.  The closer you can get to an ancestral diet, the more likely you are to get what you need from foods...except perhaps Magnesium, as we have depleted our soils with modern farming techniques.

Any nutritional deficiency will definitely contribute to this and many other diseases.  Peyronie's is essentially aberrant scar tissue in the worst possible place, and Magnesium deficiency is universal in all Fibrosis conditions.  Gum disease and cavities are actually early signs of heart troubles which are primarily diet related.

Pablo88

i have gum disease and its one of a few reasons why im weary about taking pentox as pentox weakens the immune system and ive read that some of the bacterial strains that cause gum disease can also cause mennigitis and major infections if given the chance to break through the bodies immune symstem and travel to the spine and brain. ive only been taking pentox for the past month on and off due to the anxiety effect

should i stop taking the pentox untill i have the gum disease problem under control ?

or am i overthinking things ? im mentally exhausted from it all anxiety all the time