Cold/Hot therapy helping with inflammation

Previous topic - Next topic

IHPD

Hey y'all. I was reading on a site that "negative ion exposure" (aka water) is really helpful in healing the tissue/helping repair scars.

For soccer whenever I would get injured, our coaches would tell us to do "hot/cold" therapy. Running cold water for a few minutes whenever it was sore and then turning on the warmer/kinda hot water for a few minutes after. You would repeat this a few times and it would really help.

I tried this theory with my Peyronies and it's acruakly helped a lot. I normally would have firm flaccid throughout the day but whenever I would shower and take my time to do cold/heat wraps with the water running, I'd walk out of the shower with my unit relaxed and not in an inflamed state.

The days following would also show that my unit was more relaxed than had I not done the hot:cold therapy. I'm going to be doing this every night to really see if it makes a difference in the long term.

You all should really put this in your regime. I just cut up a sock and wrap is gently around and have the cold water running from the shower for a minute or two and the. Immediately switch it to warm water for another minute or two.

It seems to get the blood flowing with the warm water and relaxes the nerves with the cold.  

Paolo

Quote from: Ihatepeyroniesdisease123 on November 30, 2017, 09:05:54 PM
Hey y'all. I was reading on a site that "negative ion exposure" (aka water) is really helpful in healing the tissue/helping repair scars.
Please elaborate further on this theory  :-\
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

IHPD

Quote from: Paolo on December 01, 2017, 03:44:02 AM
Please elaborate further on this theory  :-\

I read somewhere about "negative ion exposure" but didn't research too much into it. The main argument was that cold/hot water exposure is really helpful.

https://www.healthline.com/health/chronic-pain/treating-pain-with-heat-and-cold. Here's a basic article on treating pain.

But how it really works is that the cold water helps minimize inflammation and pain while the warmer/not too hot water relaxes the muscles and improves blood flow.

Honestly, there are so many therapies on this site like traction and VED where you're stretching and inflating your penis as well as other therapies like injections or tons of supplements but in reality you need to address the core problems.

And to do that...go to the basics. When you get a bruise what do you? Ice it. When your muscles are stiff what do you do? Heat it. Using both is getting the benfits of heat and cold and having that directed to a small group of nerves/tissue/scars can be incredibly beneficial and it can allow your body to try and heal the rest.

Chief C

Has anyone tried cryotherapy?
They use a whole body chamber and then localized - direct treatment - to the area of concern.
I'm considering, but was wondering if someone has already tried.
Thanks
Chief C