pd2015 progression post.

Previous topic - Next topic

pd2015

Hey guys I wanted to follow up and share my story. I am extremely grateful for any thoughts or advice.

I introduced myself in December 2015. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php?topic=7123.0

I went to a urologist. The Dr. was able to fit me in finally in April 2016. After exams they gave me Pentox. I saw Dr. Carson a couple of times and the last time was his last day. He told me that it would probably fix itself in about a year, shook my hand and that was it. I took Pentox about 6mos and then it ran out.

I did get into the gym as planned and I stuck with it. I have lost some weight and got off of BP meds in 2016. Yay!

What started as an hourglass became a left bend of sorts. It isn't bad but definitely lost some length. I think it is about 20 degrees to the left and maybe 5 degrees upwards. When flaccid it feels like there is a pebble in there somewhere. I can get erections and everything seems to work, but if I don't use it quickly or the wife isn't "into it" the blood runs out and my member is down for the count until the next session.

I am just now looking through my original thread and seeing Jonbinspain's comment about "waiting". (he said not to.) Oops.

I did get a VED. It is a good one with a manual pump. It doesn't seem to work great for me. I mean, it sort of works, but I just don't get excited without the wife involved. So I haven't used it.

I wish someone could just cut the "pebble" out and I could go back to normal! If I recall correctly, the Dr said they generally do not do surgery on anyone unless they're unable to have intercourse.

I do have a fear. It is very easy to bend my member to the left. This usually results in a sharp pain and instant loss of erection as I'm terrified I am damaging it more.

I am kind of at a loss as to what to do next. Then again if it never progresses any worse than it is now, I can survive the way it is and I am grateful for that. But I feel like it is time that I should go see a new Urologist. Another great one replaced Dr. Carson, however he is also at UNC (I'm in Durham, NC) and I didn't care for the hospital. It is a "learning" hospital, so every time he comes in a second guy is there as well and this is embarrassing enough to me already- I'm a very private guy and to have multiple people handling my parts drives me nuts. I guess I just need to "get over it". Anyways this is the new Dr https://www.med.unc.edu/urology/about-us/people/faculty-pages/r-matthew-coward-md ...

Is it time for a new Urologist?  

TonySa

As I understand the VED, don't worry about getting erectiond...just want to increase blood flow.  Also, if the student docs are keeping from you going...I believe you can let the doc know you prefer they not be present and they have to treat you anyway.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.