Please can someone help me put my mind at rest

Previous topic - Next topic

The_curve

Has anyone had experience of re-injuring their penis during an erection and then the days that follow the penis rests larger than usual? I can't remember if in the past my penis went instantly to hard flaccid after feeling the sharp pain or whether there was a period that could well be described as the calm before the storm?

I had an erection for the first time in a while when I woke up this morning, but I can't get an erection using my thoughts or visual stimuli during the day. This had actually begun to change prior to me feeling this sharp, short pain on Saturday. I thought I was stabilising, but now I'm worried I'm about to re-enter the acute phase barely weeks after thinking I was out of it.

Thanks.  

NeoV

When I was "inflamed," after sex long ago, it used to always hang fuller and more deformed while flaccid. If I ever do have this happen again, I do a session of traction by hand which seems to fix it. I think it's inflammation and trapped blood within the penis, which is why traction seems to rid me of it since it allows blood to move through the damaged areas. It's hard to say if you re-injured it.. At the end of the day you have to keep on looking forward and doing what you can. I know that feeling, I'm sorry to hear that.

The_curve

Thanks for replying Neo. I've seen your posts a lot over the many years I have previously lurked on this forum, you have always seemed very knowledgeable and helpful.

It is hard to say, but I have a gut feeling I have. The way it feels (the tingling sensation/numbness), mixed with the return of me not being able to get that last bit of urine out when I pee, only for it to suddenly come out when I go to move my penis to place it back in my boxers, have started again since I felt the short burst of pain on Saturday. I now see the skin around my penis curling up, as if my girth is decreasing. These are all things I had dealt with at the start of this year and for all the other years before that. It's frustrating that such a small incident can set you back to square one.  

Paolo

For what it's worth I used to have problems peeing in that I would not fully empty and therefore wet my boxers buttoning up my trousers, since I started reverse kegels more than 12 Months ago that is no longer a problem, my thoughts on that is that I had built up 'tension' in my pelvic floor, perhaps it retrained my bladder idk. The bonus is that my flaccid hang also improved  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

The_curve

Paolo - Very interesting. So your issues weren't directly related to peyronies, but instead your pelvic floor muscles? I have recently started yoga, focusing specifically on pelvic floor excercises and hip opening positions at this stage. They seem to be helping. It's quite disturbing how unflexible I am, especially at my age, so maybe this has been a contributing factor. The leaking does seem to disappear after a few months if I leave my penis alone and it doesn't have an opportunity to sustain an injury, though. So I do believe that mine has a connection with my injury/disease.