I would call my Xiaflex results a complete success!

Previous topic - Next topic

Courbe1

I sustained an injury during a enthusiastic session of reverse cowgirl intercourse in February 2016(Valentines Day to be exact!).  There was no sign of curvature until early August.  I felt pain with erections and it became almost impossible to have intercourse with a approximately 60 degree upward bend halfway down my shaft.  After the injury during thrusting my penis would pop out and risk further injury.  My local Urologist recommended I see Dr. Lue at UCSF for Xiaflex injections (a 4 hour drive from my home).

I started the injections in late December 2016.  After 6 weeks my curvature was noticeably better-approximately 50 degrees.  The second round was March 2017.  After 6 weeks my curvature was down to 28 degrees.  Third round in June 2017.  After 6 weeks my curvature was down to about 20 degrees.  There was some discussion as to whether additional injections would produce any improvement but we decided to give it a try.  6 weeks later my curvature is down to about 15 degrees.  I reviewed the photos and am convinced the 4th round DID produce an improvement.

Intercourse is working perfectly well now and I have no pain with erections.  My wife is convinced that the small amount of curvature I still have is basically what I had originally (a bit banana-shaped). I'm not sure if there was any loss of overall length since I didn't measure it before the injury.  I do have a bit of a decrease in circumference or girth beyond the injury which is visible.  My wife assures me that the change is imperceptible from her perspective.

The treatment, even with insurance coverage was expensive.  I figure with 2 years deductibles plus all the other travel costs we have spent over $15,000.  I did submit an application to Endo for assistance with out-of-pocket costs and was surprised to receive a check for nearly $3000 which helped a bit.  I figure not all guys could afford this treatment even if they are insured.

In summary the treatment was a big effort and cost but my results were a complete success.  Normal sex is back and my wife and I couldn't be happier!

skunkworks

What else was involved in the treatment other than the injections? Modelling? Traction?
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Courbe1

Skunkworks,

I forgot to include that info.

Dr. Lue recommended the ESL40 traction device which is a simple silicone cup that attaches your penis to an elastic cord to a strap below your knee.  It is marketed as a penis enlargement device which of course is BS.  But it is a relatively cheap device to put traction on your penis as long as you can sit still.  A word of warning though is that the day after I ordered the device from the somewhat sketchy-looking web site a few unauthorized charges showed up on my credit card! So be aware.

I used the traction device for a minimum of 2 hours/day on week days and 4 hours/day on weekends (can't do this at work).  Also I have heard to take breaks every hour or so.  You don't want cut off the circulation and get a new problem!

I did do simple hand modeling (stretching) occasionally but certainly not daily because I think the traction device was so much more effective.  I also did the erection straightening occasionally but not daily. I'm not so sure about the "spontaneous" erection thing.  The morning wood never seemed really firm enough to really get the resistance necessary for bending.

I hope this answers the question.