My Xiaflex results

Previous topic - Next topic

SCJ

I have just received my 4th shot of Xiaflex - prior to this I had no problems just minor bruising and no swelling, the 4 injection has me really concerned and would like some guidance on next steps.

My doctor feels that these are some of the side effects, but I'm having some difficulty in believing it.

About 3 hours after my 4th injection I developed some serious pains in my penis, to the point that I decdied to go to the ER. Within a few hours I noticed some minor swelling on the top of my penis towards the injection site, about the size of a chestnut.

Over the next few days My penis has swollen to the size of a small eggplant and is the same color, as well as my scrotum which was swollen to the size of a baseball and is a very deep purple color. The bruising is so bad that is now runs into my pubic area and along my hips.

The odd thin is that I have no pain but the swelling and bruising are really bad, I'm 3 days past the injection and not sure when things will get better.

Not sure what to do at this point — be patient or go see another urologists?

Many of the doctors who looked at me In the ER have never seen anything  like this before, which makes me a bit concerned. My urologist who administered the injection says that this does happen, does it really?

Has anyone else experiences this in the past?

I'm 55 years old and post op from probate cancer about 1 1/2 years ago, where I believe I've delevlopd my Peyronies

Any thoughts would be helpful to calm me down at this point

QuackAttack

SJC,

Your URO may have nicked a blood vessel, which can happen. I have had this happen and I have gotten swollen too. However, not to that extent. I suggest that everybody undergoing Xiaflex use a Neo Max Gold magnet and have it wrapped under the coflex wrap for 2-3 days. This will completely reduce the swelling.

curved

SCJ-  sounds like you got a severe hematoma.  I went through 4 rounds of Xiaflex (8 shots) and had 3 separate hematomas.  These are above and beyond typical bruising and show up as small to large purple "blisters" which is the blood collecting underneath the surface.  If really severe these will need to be drained.  Typically these go away on their own (mine took approx 2 weeks) as the blood is reabsorbed into the body.  I believe these are caused by a nicked blood vessel during the injection although one doctor told me the colagenese (Xiaflex) could cause this and it is a known/documented potential side effect of the procedure. Check with URO for whether or not drainage is needed.  For what it is worth I would consider my experience a success as I went from 40 degree curve to under 15.  I did experience a bit of loss of length and girth but am much straighter.  
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

DN

Hello, did you retain erectile function after cancer surgery? If not and you have Peyronie's now, you are a good candidate for penile implantation. Many men in your situation have had very satisfactory results from experienced surgeons do not overlook the procedure. Go to the FT.com implant forum and read the many posts