New dupuytren's treatment for Peyronies?

Previous topic - Next topic

rto

James,
This is my first post. I have run across a 2 minute long video which shows a xiaflex  injection
for a patient with dupuytren's of the hand. The surgeon injects the 'cord' of collagen and 24 hours
later shows the doctor 'snapping' the cord and solving the problem. I have never heard of this procedure
for peyronie's treatment, just references to 'modeling' (no actual attempt to snap the collagen cord.)
Can you please view the video and give me your opinion? Thanks.
link is at https://handsurgical.com/announcing-nonsurgical-procedure-dupuytrens-contracture/

QuackAttack

RTO,

I have a response. That response is penile fracture. I have gone through 7 cycles and you have to be careful with Xiaflex that is why they say no sex for two weeks. Here is what I was told by my URO. If I get an erection at night and notice it, I am to gently (let me repeat that GENTLY) bend in the opposite direction. In my case, that would be down. One night I heard a little pop and it hurt and I was very worried. So, I got in with my URO for an ultrasound and all was fine. He said that it was likely a mini tear of the plaque, which is what you want, but you don't want a major tear because that would result in a fracture. When the penis is in the flaccid state, you are much more flexible and can bend it any way you want. In fact, the modeling is stretching and bending in the opposite direction. That was pretty cool and I only wish it were so easy, then everybody would be fixed in one ore two cycles, but it is not and anybody that would use Xiaflex and have a patient go back to the office, induce an erection and snap you package in the direction opposite of the curve is a person to stay away from.  Hope this answers any questions you may have.