Traction outcomes

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

Would guys be willing to post how many hours of traction they've done, with which device and any improvement, or lack of, they've experienced?  Maybe if coupled with any other treatment?  Also, maybe if in acute or chronic phase, plaque w or w/o calcification, etc.

So far I've read of 400 hours and 1000 hours leading to great improvement.

Before and after Pics would be helpful to, but understandable if one doesn't want to.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Cruelaprilfools

I will be happy to lend my experiences. My before pictures are already up in the appropriate section, take a look. I have lost length and girth, developed n up curve by maybe 60 degrees and an indentation at the base on right side. I began the PMP around 10/9/17. Lots of trial and error with the rod system. Got in an hour a day mostly. Same second week. By third week I started the belt system and it is much more comfortable! I can go 3-4 hours a day now, with a few exceptions for business travel, etc when I skipped. I have a total of maybe 40 hours so far. Nothing noticeable, but I didn't expect it either. I'm still in acute phase, and my next follow up appt is in December. Stay tuned.  

swiss

Have you considered not knowing how much tension you are putting on your member while in the strap? I know that youre suppose to aim for the 3rd notch (work up to is) on the PMP. Thoughts?

TonySa

I am concerned I'm not aware of the level of tension.  Going to show Dr Lue how I'm strapped and see if he thinks it's enogh tension.  Also, thinking of using the strap at work and rods when home.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

swiss

Yeah the good thing about the notches on the PMP is that you know how much youre pulling....not enough tension wont do much and too much can mess you up more.  

Jonbinspain

Studies and opinions about traction seem to indicate that it's not the amount of traction that counts, but the amount of time in traction.

In other words, reasonable tension will suffice, but it's putting the hours in that is most effective.  

TonySa

Great, would love to hear how many hours of traction have helped guys to what degree...gives us hope and motivation to keep going 🌈

swiss

I wonder if it matters when it comes to consecutive hours of traction or lets say 2 hours 3 times a day is enough.  

Astros2121

Has anyone experienced worsening conditions with more plaque build up after using the traction device?? I haven't used a traction device yet but about to consider trying very soon..It seems like using the device could cause more trama to the affected plaque area while stretching is being done with the device?

TonySa

Seems like a consensus traction and VED helps, doesn't hurt.

swiss

I waited to use traction once I was stable phase. Using it in the active phase created problems for me and pain. Now I feel so confident that I'm going to get through this in the near future.  

skunkworks

There was a study showing traction was helpful in the acute stage, but humans are complicated creatures. Atypical reactions are always possible.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

swiss

Totally makes sense because when the plaque becomes calcified it cant be stretched. In my case, I has a calcification start but it was suppppper small...like .5mm. Levine told me that it would probably go away...it did! However, I ended up with just a lot of inflammation and stringy hard tendons and not much flexibility. I would say be cautious. Act and then see if you have any negative effects. If you do stop and reaccess. This disease is different for everyone.