Testosterone Pellet treatment

Previous topic - Next topic

socref516

Hi
After 3 years of dealing with this disease I finally found a urologist who has worked wonders. However, one of the treatments he wants to do is implantation of pellets to increase my testosterone. I have researched this treatment and am conflicted; I have scheduled the procedure on Monday the 16th. Nothing I have read encourages people to do this and once I do it I have to be on it for the rest of my life (56 now). My T level was around 350 when it was checked ( I don't remember the level of free T).  Has anyone on here had this procedure, and if so what are your experiences with it.

Thanks in advance.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TonySa

Have you yet tried the patch, gel or injections?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

JohnWright

What steps did the Dr take to determine the level and correct dosing of the tablets to inject in you?

Those tabs comes in different strengths.

Have you already been using prescription creams or gels to determine the correct dosing?

Paolo

Hi, I have sent you some personal messages, check my messages tab, take your time in coming to a decision.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

socref516

The doctor has performed multiple blood tests, and has been doing this for 30 years. They do not do the gels or the shots as they feel that there is too much of a "Bell" curve in the levels of T, as well as all of the issues associated with the gels (cleaning, not getting them on anything, etc). He is wanting to do this to help with the blood flow into the penis in addition to the injections and sonic wave therapy. Responding well to the injections I must say. My main issue is that once I am on these, I am on them. My body stops putting out T and if I stop the pellets they say it goes back to what it was before or goes lower.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

pey ron

@socref516: has your doctor told you what results you can expect and what is the success rate of this approach? Also, what is their definition of "success" that leads to that success rate?
relationship status, etc

socref516

Yeah they say pretty much everyone is happy with them. They have more energy, are better focused, sleep better, some have lost weight and of course better libido. Again, he has been doing this for a long time, so I would hope if it did not work they would not do it. I am taking chlomid 50 mg 3x weekly, and the last blood work showed it at 636 which is about 200 more than it was when I first came to them in June. I have only been on it for about a month, and to be honest I don't feel any different than before. however, it is my understanding that I can only do this for about 6 months before I have to try something else. on the Peak Testosterone Forum there is a new drug called Aveed that is now in the US; they have not heard of it. Supposedly you take one injection, then one at 4 weeks and then 3 more spread throughout the year. Maybe by the time I get to that point they will recognize it as an option.
relationship status, etc

DennisRa

I hope you'll see improvements on the coming months Socref. Thanks for sharing your experiences and keep us posted.