19 & unsure/worried

Previous topic - Next topic

ztercs

Hi everyone,

I'm 19 and had an injury about 6 months ago now, probably similar to others' where it was bent too forcefully during sex (her on top). I didn't think much of it at the time. When I was younger, I also got into the habit of masturbating in ways that were probably harmful, and I didn't realize the effect that could be having until recently. I'm just now starting to see that there might be something seriously/irreversibly wrong with me, and I'm not sure what to do or think.

When I'm soft, I think it looks pretty normal, but the right side is noticeably less "spongy" than the left. As it starts to grow, a rightward bend becomes obvious and gets to about 30 degrees, with a very slight curve upward. The weird thing is that once I get fully hard, the curve goes away almost entirely, although it still curves out a little on the left. That's not something I've heard about before. Another weird thing about my situation is that the whole right side feels a little tough, like the texture is different. It seems a lot like Peyronie's in some ways, but if I can maintain a full erection, it looks normal. I've also never had any pain, and in spite of the entire side feeling wrong, the bend is only visible in the intermediate stage between soft and hard, which makes me think it's not all plaque.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I used to be slightly longer, and even when the curve is gone, it still seems like I'm losing some length because of contraction on the right side. After doing some research, I ordered castor oil online, I've been doing some (very light) stretches, and also very lightly massaging the right side with an electric toothbrush. I've also stopped masturbating entirely because of how much pressure it was taking, but I think I've already done damage.

As everyone here probably understands, this is something I'm really anxious about, and I had issues with anxiety and depression already. I'm in a relationship that's getting serious and I'm almost dreading the idea of it becoming sexual. I really care about her and it's hard to feel like I'm not going to be able to enjoy that aspect of it completely (not to mention the feelings of inadequacy that come with it). Of course, I don't know if this is something that will ever go away or improve, and that's really difficult to take in as well. I'm planning to see a urologist soon, but any advice or help would be appreciated.

NeoV

Let it rest and focus on your diet. If you have any excess body fat, remove it, and do not spike your blood sugar with heavy meals or drink alcohol. Traction is very effective, particularly so in the active phase, so get on that but be careful and educate yourself about it. Check out the studies on traction in the resource library or pinned on the traction forum.

I hate to say this, but at 19, any relationship that is "serious" is going to be destroyed just by necessity. Never put your eggs in one basket with sex and women. Your penis doesn't matter to her, she only cares if matters to you. The same is true for all insecurities. I know it's hard to accept any issues with your dick, but men are meant to be rugged and battle scarred. The white knight in shining armor always loses to the war torn, experience knight. In some ways you are at an advantage with insecurities and even sexual ones. If you can look at her and learn to laugh about your issues and accept them, you will be unbreakable in her eyes. Having problems gives you "proof" that women actually look for. The perfect looking man with no issues is a walking time bomb. There is a good reason that overweight, not too good looking men, walk around with the 10s. You have a longggggg road ahead of you sexually and in relationships. Sadly it's usually when we say "serious" that the relationship dies. Learn to take things lightly, don't put any neediness on her and just take it easy. Communicate with her about it. There is no reason Peyronie's should bother your sex life, even if penetration is difficult there are mental ways to overcome it, and yeah I get how difficult it can be.

ztercs

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but the problem is almost more that I have difficulty getting fully erect on the right side. It seems to get hard later and much less reliably than the left; I'm worried about my ability to maintain an erection. However, when I do get all the way hard, most of the curve goes away, down to maybe 10 degrees max. It just doesn't seem identical to what I've read about Peyronie's, also given that there's no pain. Then again, the fact that it's curved at all and more tough on one side doesn't look great.

I didn't mean to say serious in that I think we're getting married or anything, but we spend a lot of time together and we're getting more intimate. That part of it is coming up, and some of it is psychological, but I also think I'm less physically capable of staying erect than I should be.