high-dose melatonin?

Previous topic - Next topic

pey ron

I've started noticing ***palpable*** improvements in my plaque since adding 40mg of melatonin just before bed, at the same time as my last dose of pentox for the day. In all fairness, I've also started taking Singulair (Montelukast) every late afternoon for the past two months. So this could be the combination of 6 months of pentox, 2 months of Singulair and 2-3 weeks of high doses of melatonin.

Yes, I'm taking 40mg of melatonin. No, it's not a typo. I know it's huge. I know you must be thinking it's dangerous and I must be waking up hangover like a zombie. But I wake up just fine, probably thanks to the counteracting effect of pentox and caffeine blocking my adenosine receptors.

I've seen some studies on rats where doses of 10mg per kilo per day can prevent or revert fibrosis. The human equivalent dose is 1/6.2 times that. Since I weight 70 kilograms, that would be 113mg... So, I will keep on slowly increasing the dose.

As far as I know, melatonin triggers the production of adenosine in the brain, which puts us to sleep. Mind you, fair warning: I believe that adenosine is the enemy, since it is pro-fibrotic, and caffeine and pentoxifylline help because they block the adenosine receptor.

My hope is that the melatonin-induced adenosine will only be made in the brain and won't escape through the brain blood barrier.

I've seen a bunch of promising studies from many different angles on melatonin. It seems to be a powerful antioxidant. It seems to boost the production of NO. It seems to be anti-fibrotic.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Christopher1

How long have you been on this dose of melatonin?
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

Christopher1

Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

pey ron

@Christopher1:

Quote from: pey ron on September 22, 2017, 11:25:18 PM6 months of pentox, 2 months of Singulair and 2-3 weeks of high doses of melatonin.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

Christopher1

Keep us up-to-date. I hope all is well with your melatonin experiment.

pey ron

I gave up a few days later. It started making me wake up in the middle of the night, and it's still happening after having quit cold turkey. Too bad that I need to be alert during the day...
relationship status, etc

Christopher1

Some people get hyperactive from an overdose of melatonin - the opposite effect.

drew67

what about a transdermal application?

pey ron

has anyone else given this a try?
relationship status, etc

GianB1

Quote from: pey ron on September 22, 2017, 11:25:18 PM
I've started noticing ***palpable*** improvements in my plaque since adding 40mg of melatonin just before bed, at the same time as my last dose of pentox for the day. In all fairness, I've also started taking Singulair (Montelukast) every late afternoon for the past two months. So this could be the combination of 6 months of pentox, 2 months of Singulair and 2-3 weeks of high doses of melatonin.

Yes, I'm taking 40mg of melatonin. No, it's not a typo. I know it's huge. I know you must be thinking it's dangerous and I must be waking up hangover like a zombie. But I wake up just fine, probably thanks to the counteracting effect of pentox and caffeine blocking my adenosine receptors.

I've seen some studies on rats where doses of 10mg per kilo per day can prevent or revert fibrosis. The human equivalent dose is 1/6.2 times that. Since I weight 70 kilograms, that would be 113mg... So, I will keep on slowly increasing the dose.

As far as I know, melatonin triggers the production of adenosine in the brain, which puts us to sleep. Mind you, fair warning: I believe that adenosine is the enemy, since it is pro-fibrotic, and caffeine and pentoxifylline help because they block the adenosine receptor.

My hope is that the melatonin-induced adenosine will only be made in the brain and won't escape through the brain blood barrier.

I've seen a bunch of promising studies from many different angles on melatonin. It seems to be a powerful antioxidant. It seems to boost the production of NO. It seems to be anti-fibrotic.

very interesting. I have been researching Melatonin for the past two weeks, and after seen some medical studies, I realized this could help with Peyronies. How is it going with that?  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

BrettC

I would be careful taking Melatonin regularly.  There have been recent studies that show a link to an increased chance of developing dementia in subjects that take it regularly.  Most doctors advise it should be used like any sleep aid - only occasionally when you need it to fight jet lag, some weird shift work, or just an off night here and there.  

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/doctors-warn-that-melatonin-can-be-linked-dementia/H3MEINV4R5BTRL5A7MYVHT5R6I/
52 years old
Diagnosed 5 years ago with an upward curve of 60-65 degrees.
Completed one full round of treatments with Xiaflex (8 injections)  Measured curve 40-45 degrees after that
Using Restorex and took oral medications as well (Pentox Cials)