23 year old from Spain. Not sure if it's Peyronie's. HELP!

Previous topic - Next topic

ÀlexBl

Hi guys! :)
My name is Àlex, I'm 23 years old and I'm from Spain, Barcelona. One month and three weeks ago I had a very prolonged erection (around 5 hours) which caused some changes and modifications to my penis.

1)The penis looked more curved. I used to have a very straight penis, but now it has a not very significant curve to the left.
2)When the penis gets semi-erect, it has a weird shape. It is not the hour-glass shaped, it's like a bump appears at the left side, like the blood fills that part first and then fills the other parts.
3)Not exactly pain, but an upsetting feeling when the penis was erect (surprisingly this sensation was more noticeable at the right part of my penis, not the right one, were the curve is).

I went to see the urologist the next day. At that time I hadn't seen yet the curvature, so I didn't say anything about that to him and he told me to not worry, that everything was fine.
Days after I noticed the changes I mentioned before more detailedly, so I decided to see another urologist. When I told him about the curvature, the upsetting feeling and the semi-erect shape he told me directly that it was probably peyronie's. He was kind of rude, with 0 compassion  :'( He told me to get an ultrasound the next day, which I did. The guy who did the ultrasound to me told me that there was anything, that the penis looked normal in the inside (the penis was flaccid during the ultrasound).
When I went back to the doctor, I showed him the ultrasound photos, and although the guy who took them clearly specified in a writing that there was no problem, the urologist told me that he saw some fibrosis and that it could develop to peyronie's, that I could only wait for 6 months and see what it would happen. Days after I decided to visit another urologist, because I didn't want to wait if I had that problem, and I wanted to see what I could do to prevent/treat this. The new urologist was a really nice guy who seemed to care about his patients (not like the other one), who told me that he personally knew the other urologist (and basically told me that he was an a$$hole) and when I showed him the photos from the ultrasound he told me that the penis was completely normal, that I had 0 problems. I mentioned to him the curvature and the other problems, and he told me that I shouldn't worry, that it would be very strange if I had peyronie's.
That same week I started examining my penis, looking for the plaque (I was still worried and confused), but i didn't find anything. The only thing I noticed was that if I touched the exact spot where the penis curves, I could feel a sensation of pain. I continued examining my penis, and I think that in some way I hurt myself doing it, because i started to feel a very upsetting sensation at that spot. It was not pain, but the feeling was like a nerve was pinched. I couldn't sleep for a night because of this, but days later this sensation vanished, although I felt (and still feel sometimes) a very vague sensation at the left side of my penis (not exactly pain). I went back to the last urologist, who told me to not worry, he thought that  I didn't have any problem. So days after, here are the symptoms I have and that could show that I have peyronie's.

- Slight curve to the left (non-congenital).
- Vague sensation at the left side of the penis. Not exactly pain. It seemingly comes and goes, depending if I touch it a lot or not.
- When my penis is flaccid is more rigid than before. It is not exactly that hard flaccid feeling I've been reading about, it's only like the penis is sometimes more rigid as used to be when flaccid. This also comes and goes, I've had days of 100% softness.
- Weird shape when semi-flaccid, not hour-glass. Only when getting an erection, when I lose it the blood comes out uniformly, and surprisingly the penis gets more straight, almost as much as it was before.

The things that could show that I don't have peyronie's:

- No plaque. Is it normal that there is an acquired curve without a plaque? It doesn't really make sense if we think about peyronie's. As I understand, the curve is caused by the plaque.
- I don't have any problems getting erections. As hard as before, absolutely no changes.
- I don't necessarily feel pain when I have an erection.

With this symptoms, do you think it could be Peyronie's? Can this curve be caused by something else? The third urologist told me so. In that case, what could it be? A lot of people around here seems to thing that a curvature is an "either congenital or peyronie's" type of situation. Can acquired curves have other causes besides peyronie's? Can other things cause a curve like this? Let me know what you think, please!
Thank you very much for your attention and help. I'm sorry if the post is too long, or if I posted at the wrong place, I'm new at this. If I can correct something, let me know!

Peyronies Disease: I posted this at the child board "Could this be Peyronie's?" by mistake. If anyone can show me how to eliminate the other one I would be very grateful. Sorry for the inconveniences   :-[
Àlex

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

ÀlexBl

Hi TSanchez! I would say that is a 5 or 10 degrees bend. The bend itself doesn't bother me at all for the moment, because it doesn't look bad. My problem is that there is no noticeable plaque, and I would like to know if there is anything else besides peyronie's that could have caused this new bend. A doctor told me that it was not peyronie's, that it was something else. Anybody here knows if that's possible? What it could be, if that was the case?  

QuackAttack

Alex,

How do you know there is no noticeable plaque. Have you had a doppler ultrasound? I still have difficulty identifying my plaque. I have never really been able to feel if definitively. What I thought was the plaque, wasn't, rather a blood vessel that I thought was a cord-like plaque. Without ultrasound, you don't know. Also, your curve may increase over time. My peyronies started out with a little 5-10 curve, which I thought was kind of novel and funny, but the next time I had sex with my wife a couple days later, it was now 30+ degrees and topped out at 50 degrees. This took place over about 2-3 weeks. Go to a urologist and get an ultrasound and a course of treatment if it is peyronies.

ÀlexBl

Hi QuackAttack! I did take an ultrasound, and it didn't show anything. The guy who took me the photos of the ultrasound told me that he didn't see anything. The last urologist told me it was perfectly fine. Still, I 'm worried because a lot of people around here seem to think that ultrasounds are not 100% reliable, and considering that they took me the photos through ultrasound only 4 weeks later of the "accident", it may mean that the plaque is not still formed. This is why I was asking if it could be another explanation besides peyronie's for my curve. The last urologist told me so, but didn't give me an specific reason (by this I mean a name of a condition, or something like that), maybe because he didn't want me to worry. The curve appeared almost two months ago and it has remained the same all this time, no changes.

LWillisjr

Quote from: ÀlexBl on September 15, 2017, 03:55:51 PM

Peyronies Disease: I posted this at the child board "Could this be Peyronie's?" by mistake. If anyone can show me how to eliminate the other one I would be very grateful. Sorry for the inconveniences   :-[
Àlex

I took care of it Alex
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History