Peyronie's_Still poorly identified General Practioners

Previous topic - Next topic

Paolo

The below article says little but what gets my Goat is that Peyronie's is still 'poorly identified and understood in the wider medical community'.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28892596

Guess there is still a 'long' road ahead guys  :(
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

WhatNext81

It's even not well understood by many urologists.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

JohnWright

hehe  The doctors are getting a refresher in what we already know to be true.

How many urologists must a man visit in order to get a snowball's chance of obtaining true and accurate information? I spoke with SIX in the course of two months, and the variety of ignorance was stunning. Even more shocking was the confidence each urologist (or their assistant) displayed when declaring their diagnosis.

I'm also pretty sure one of those guys was a perv who was far less interested in the topic of my curve than other things.

Unless a guy lives next door to Dr Kramer (Maryland), Dr Gelman (California), Dr Walsh (Seattle), or Dr Kuehas (Austria), men just have to be prepared to visit a number of urologists to gain info.  

TonySa

Hello, curious what you know about Dr Gelman, I can find very few reviews here or on FT.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.