type 1 diabetes and insulin injection

Previous topic - Next topic

MateoD

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I've a question concerning type 1 diabetes and insulin injection in particular. My husband was diagnosed with Type 1 Dia a week ago so I want to know how to do insulin pen injections.

Stabler

I'm not sure that you are in the correct forum... This is a forum for Peyronies disease. Not Diabetes.
Does your husband have Peyronies? If he does not, then this forum will not be much help. If he only has Diabetes and you have questions on how to give injections you can PM me and I can assist with that.

Again, this is a forum for Peyronies disease NOT Diabetes.

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Miro_11

Quote from: MateoD on September 11, 2017, 06:52:00 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I've a question concerning type 1 diabetes and insulin injection in particular. My husband was diagnosed with Type 1 Dia a week ago so I want to know how to do insulin pen injections.

There are a lot of articles with detailed instructions and pictures for this.

MateoD

Quote from: Stabler67 on September 11, 2017, 01:37:30 PM
I'm not sure that you are in the correct forum... This is a forum for Peyronies disease. Not Diabetes.
Does your husband have Peyronies? If he does not, then this forum will not be much help. If he only has Diabetes and you have questions on how to give injections you can PM me and I can assist with that.

Again, this is a forum for Peyronies disease NOT Diabetes.

Stabler67
I anderstand , but i not found suitable topic and   think  thet some people may be help me in this forum.

MateoD

Quote from: Miro_11 on September 12, 2017, 08:39:48 AM
There are a lot of articles with detailed instructions and pictures for this.
Yes, I know, but there are quite different instructions. I'm not sure which one is correct. Those are quite general instructions but I want to hear personal experience.

Stabler

MateoD
please Private Message me for help with insulin injections. Forum members here discuss Peyronies disease.

Stabler67
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

MateoD

I understand , but i think some members of this forum can help me in my question . :-[

Miro_11

[Full quote removed]

Personally I use following (taught by a nurse):
- wash your hands with warm and soapy water
- remove the cover
- attach the pen needle
- exclude the air from the needle
- put the dose to the number of units of insulin needed
- insert the needle into skin
- press the button at the top of the pen

But i think better for you  visit any pharmacy. Usually there is staff providing diabetes services, including insulin pen use https://www.youdrugmart.com/pharmacy-services/

Miro_11

Quote from: MateoD on September 11, 2017, 06:52:00 AM

And in truth, this is not the best forum for discussing such things,  
visit any pharmacy. Usually there is staff providing diabetes services, including insulin pen use https://www.youdrugmart.com/pharmacy-services/