Also New to peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

dru92646

I have a severe curvature(almost 90degrees) I was diagnosed 6 months after initial symptoms.Oral medications were initiated and three months later treatment with Xiaflex.I went through three sets of injections without any progress.My urologist recommended no further Xiaflex treatments and I concurred. Remember that only one out of three men will get relief from Xiaflex injections. That being said it was worth a try.I am facing surgery if I want to have intercourse again.Oddly I still have natural erections but my urologist says it is only a matter of time before ED sets in.I will probably wait until that time to have a penile implant as I am not a good candidate for plication due to poor results for a curvature as severe as mine.

LWillisjr

dru,
In which direction is your curvature?

Even if Xiaflex had helped, it is doubtful that you would have seen enough improvement to be satisfied.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

dru92646

90 degrees at the eleven o'clock position.I had no illusions of success because I was given a poor to guarded prognosis due to the severity of my curvature.I was told maybe Xiaflex could get me to a 50-60 degree curvature but unfortunately for me the treatments we not successful.I have been told plication is not a good option for ME .I was told results are poor for my severity.

LWillisjr

Quote from: dru92646 on September 01, 2017, 01:33:10 PM
90 degrees at the eleven o'clock position.

So your curve is upward and to the left??
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History